A New Observer Design for Systems in Presence of Time-varying Delayed Output Measurements
- 34 Downloads
This paper presents a state observer for linear systems and Lipschitz nonlinear systems with delayed output measurements, which are affected by a known and bounded time-varying delay. The structure of the proposed observer is based on a proportional-integral term, which allows to compensate the time-varying delay. The observer gain depends on the maximum bounded delay. This gain is computed by a Linear Matrix Inequality (LMI) approach. The observer exhibits good performance for state estimation of the system despite the presence of significantly long delay. A Lyapunov-Krasovskii functional is used to prove the asymptotical convergence to zero of the observation error. This observer is applied to the case of systems with time-varying delay whose dynamic is described by a piecewise differentiable function. Examples and numerical simulations are provided in order to support the validity of the main results.
KeywordsLyapunov-Krasovskii and linear matrix inequality time-varying delay
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. V. Assche, T. Ahmed–Ali, C.A.B. Hann, and F. Lamnabhi–Lagarrigue, “High gain observer design for nonlinear systems with time varying delayed measurements,” Proc. of the 18thWorld Congress, pp. 692–696, Aug. 2011.Google Scholar
- G. Besancon, D. Georges, and Z. Benayache, “Asymptotic state prediction for continuous–time systems with delayed input and application to control,” Proc. of European Control Conference, pp. 1786.1791, Kos, Greece, July 2007.Google Scholar
- J. Lu, C. Feng, S. Xu, and Y. Chu, “Observer design for a class of uncertain state–delayed nonlinear systems,” International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 448–455, Aug. 2006.Google Scholar
- K. Subbarao and P. C. Muralidhar, “A state observer for LTI systems with delayed outputs: time–varying delay,” Proc. of American Control Conference, pp. 3029.3033, Seattle, USA, June 2008.Google Scholar
- G. Zheng and F.–J. Bejaranoc, “Observer design for linear singular time–delay systems,” Automatica, vol 80, no. 1, pp. 1–9, June 2017.Google Scholar