An Interpolation Technique for Input Constrained Robust Stabilization
- 40 Downloads
This paper presents an interpolation technique of two given robust stabilizing gains for input constrained uncertain systems. The proposed interpolated feedback gain is computed at every sampling instance by solving an optimization problem with a single decision variable. Use of the interpolated feedback gain can bring about not only large invariant set but also good control performance. Moreover, it is shown that the feasible and invariant set yielded by the proposed control is the convex hull of the two invariant sets by the known controls. The simulation results show that the proposed interpolation based feedback gain indeed results in both large invariant set and good control performance.
KeywordsFeasible and invariant set input constraints interpolation model uncertainties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Hu and Z. Lin, Control Systems with Actuator Saturation, Birkhauser, 2002.Google Scholar
- H.-N. Nguyen, P.-O. Gutman, and R. Bourdais, “More efficient interpolating control,” Proeedings of IEEE European Control Conference, 2014.Google Scholar
- H.-N. Nguyen, P.-O. Gutman, S. Olaru, and M. Hovd, “Explicit constraint control based on interpolation techniques for time-varying and uncertain linear discrete-time systems,” Proceedings of IFAC, 2011.Google Scholar
- J. A. Rossiter and P. Grieder, “Using interpolation to simplify explicit model predictive control,” Proceedings of American Control Conference, 2004.Google Scholar
- P. Grieder, Z. Want, M. Kotharet, and M. Morari, “Two level model predictive control for the maximum control invariant set,” Proceedings of American Control Conference, 2004.Google Scholar
- Y. Wang and S. Boyd, “Fast model predictive control using online optimization,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 267–278, 2010.Google Scholar
- B. Pluymers, J. A. Rossiter, J. A. K. Suykens, and B. De Moor, “Interpolation based MPC for LPV systems using polyhedral invariant sets,” American Control Conference, 2005.Google Scholar