Heart disease classification using hybridized Ruzzo-Tompa memetic based deep trained Neocognitron neural network
- 8 Downloads
According to the survey 17.5 million deaths are happened due to the cardiovascular disease that leads to create heart attack, chest pain and stroke. Based on the survey it clearly concludes that most of the people affected by heart problem that need to be identified in the earlier stage for eliminating the future risk in patient health. The importance of the heart disease detection process helps to create the earlier detection system for identifying heart problem by using machine learning and optimized techniques but the developed forecasting systems are difficult to predict the heart problems in an accurate manner with minimum time. So, hybridized Ruzzo–Tompa memetic based deep trained Neocognitron neural network is introduced to analyze the heart disease related features and predict the heart disease in earlier stage. First, heart disease data has been collected from UCI repository, dimensionality of the data is minimized by hybridized Ruzzo–Tompa memetic approach. After reducing the number of features, that are trained by deep learning approach which analyze the features using maximum number of hidden layers that used to predict heart disease features successfully while making the Neocognitron neural network classification. Further efficiency of the system is evaluated using MATLAB based simulation results.
KeywordsHeart disease Hybridized Ruzzo–Tompa memetic based deep trained Neocognitron neural network Heart disease data set-UCI repository
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
J.Vijayashree and Parveen Sultana.H declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Chandan D. Diagnosis of Heart disease using Data Mining Algorithm. Int J Comput Sci Inform Technol. 2014;2:1678–80.Google Scholar
- 2.W. H. Organization. Cardiovascular diseases (cvds),” 2016, http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs317/en/.
- 5.M. Clinic. Heart disease - tests and diagnosis. 2016. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart-disease/basics/tests-diagnosis/con-20034056.
- 6.Srinivas K, Rani BK, Govrdhan A. Applications of data mining techniques in healthcare and prediction of heart attacks. Int J Comput Sci Eng. 2010;2:250–5 View at Google Scholar.Google Scholar
- 8.Mokeddem S, Atmani B, Mokaddem M. Supervised feature selection for diagnosis of coronary artery disease based on genetic algorithm. Comput Sci Inform Technol (CS & IT). 2013, 41–51.Google Scholar
- 9.Pahwa K, Kumar R. Prediction of heart disease using hybrid technique for selecting features. IEEE Uttar Pradesh Section International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Electronics (UPCON).Google Scholar
- 11.Abdel-Basset MMG, Abdel-Fatah L, Mirjalili S. An improved nature inspired meta-heuristic algorithm for 1-D bin packing problems. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. 2018, 1–16.Google Scholar
- 12.Sridhar KP, Baskar S, Shakeel PM, Dhulipala VRS. Developing brain abnormality recognize system using multi-objective pattern producing neural network. J Ambient Intell Human Comput. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12652-018-1058-y.
- 13.UCI Repository of Machine Learning Databases. http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/Statlog+%28Heart%29.
- 15.Yang H, Fong S. Aerial root classifiers for predicting missing values in data stream decision tree classification. Proceedings of the SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM '11), pp. 1–10, Mesa, Ariz, USA, 2011.Google Scholar
- 16.Smith MR, Martinez T. Improving classification accuracy by identifying and removing instances that should be misclassified. Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Network (IJCNN '11), pp. 2690–2697, San Jose, Calif, USA. 2011. View at Publisher · View at Google Scholar View at Scopus.Google Scholar
- 18.Liang S, Ren Z, Weerkamp W, Meij E, de Rijke M. Time-aware rank aggregation for microblog search. Proceedings of the 23rd ACM International Conference on Conference on Information and Knowledge Management. 2014: 989–998. doi: https://doi.org/10.1145/2661829.2661905.
- 19.Merz P, Zell A. Clustering gene expression profiles with memetic algorithms. Parallel Problem Solving from Nature — PPSN VII Springer. 2002;811–820. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-45712-7_78.
- 23.Muhammed Shafi P, Selvakumar S, Mohamed Shakeel P. An efficient optimal fuzzy C means (OFCM) algorithm with particle swarm optimization (PSO) to analyze and predict crime data. J Adv Res Dynam Control Syst. 2018: 699–707.Google Scholar
- 24.Md. Monirul Kabira, Md. Shahjahanb Kazuyuki Murase, “A new hybrid ant colony optimization algorithm for feature selection”, Expert Syst Appl, Volume 39, Issue 3, 15 February 2012, Pages 3747–3763.Google Scholar
- 25.Mohd N. NawiEmail author Muhammad Zubair RehmanAbdullah Khan. A New Bat Based Back-Propagation (BAT-BP) Algorithm. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing book series (AISC, volume 240).Google Scholar
- 26.Oullette R, Browne M, Hirasawa K. Genetic algorithm optimization of a convolutional neural network for autonomous crack detection. Proc 2004 Congress Evolutionary Computation (IEEE Cat. No.04TH8753).Google Scholar