Research on Automatic Compensation Technology for Eccentricity of Grinding Wheel
To ensure the installation precision of grinding wheel in precision grinding, the attitude of spindle axis must be adjusted to coincide with the geometric center of grinding wheel before the process. A special device that combined with piezoelectric actuators with three-degrees-of-freedom is designed. The corresponding method of automatic compensation technology for eccentricity of grinding wheel is developed. In order to calculate accurately eccentric angle and the eccentricity of the grinding wheel, high accuracy detection algorithm for eccentric signal of grinding wheel is given by the principle of rotary roundness error minimization firstly. Then a decomposition algorithm is proposed to decompose the eccentricity into three directions and the eccentricity can be eliminated by the coordinated control of the three piezoelectric actuators. Experimental results show that the average accuracy of the system is about 5.48 μm. Compared with the sine fitting algorithm, the algorithm presented for adjusting the eccentricity of grinding wheel in this paper is more stable and the accuracy is improved by about 78.2%, which shows that the proposed approach works successfully.
KeywordsGrinding wheel Eccentricity Automatic compensation Piezoelectric
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Tian, Y., Wang, Y., Wang, L., and Zhao, W., “The Centering and Leveling Adjustment and Control Technology for the Ultra-Precision Turntable,” Proc. of SPIE, Vol. 9618, 2015.Google Scholar
- 5.Fan, H., Jing, M., Wang, R., Liu, H., Xin, W., and Zhi, J., “Design, Calculation and Response Experiment of an Automatic Electromagnetic Balance,” Journal of Vibration, Measurement & Diagnosis, Vol. 34, No. 5, pp. 807–811, 2014.2Google Scholar
- 6.Xin, P., Haiqi, W., Jinji, G., and Weimin, W., “New Liquid Transfer Active Balancing System Using Compressed Air for Grinding Machine,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, Vol. 137, No. 1, Paper No. 011014, 2015.Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, Z., Wen, J., and He, T., “Application of Adaptive Filtering Based on Harmonic Wavelet in the Dynamic Unbalance of Electro-Spindle,” Proc. of International Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation (ICMTMA), pp. 597–600, 2010.Google Scholar
- 12.Kuhnen, K. and Janocha, H., “Adaptive Inverse Control of Piezoelectric Actuators with Hysteresis Operators,” Proc. of European Control Conference (ECC), pp. 791–796, 1999.Google Scholar