Degradation Trend Estimation and Prognostics for Low Speed Gear Lifetime
- 48 Downloads
Development history of maintenance Currently, maintenance methods that primarily practice in the industry are Preventive Maintenance, and vibration measurement is mainly used for rotating machine diagnosis. Preventive Maintenance is performed through trend management of vibration signals. When faults occur, it is possible to analyze faults by analyzing Bode Plot, FFT Spectrum, or Orbit Plot. However, the cause of the vibration signal can be various and complex and defects cannot be clearly detected by the vibration signal, so it is difficult to make an accurate diagnosis. In this paper, through the various critical features of the acoustic emission signal and vibration signal by representation, extraction, selection and trends were investigated for early detection of the possible failure of the rotating machine. The result of FFT analyzed for 7 times during 89 hours using the frequency analysis. It is very hard to detect early misalignment using the frequency analysis methods. However, the results of features analysis detected a fault growth in the rotating machine.
KeywordsRotor system Early detection Acoustic emission Misalignment Features trend
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Mobley, R. K., “An Introduction to Predictive Maintenance,” Butterworth-Heinemann, 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.Cabal-Yepez, E., Garcia-Ramirez, A. G., Romero-Troncoso, R. J., Garcia-Perez, A., and Osornio-Rios, R. A., “Reconfigurable Monitoring System for Time-Frequency Analysis on Industrial Equipment through STFT and DWT,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 760–771, 2013.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Ordaz-Moreno, A., de Jesus Romero-Troncoso, R., Vite-Frias, J. A., Rivera-Gillen, J. R., and Garcia-Perez, A., “Automatic Online Diagnosis Algorithm for Broken-Bar Detection on Induction Motors Based on Discrete Wavelet Transform for FPGA Implementation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 55, No. 5, pp. 2193–2202, 2008.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Wang, Z.-X., Chang, C., German, X., and Tan, W., “Online Fault Detection of Induction Motors Using Independent Component Analysis and Fuzzy Neural Network,” Proc. of 8th International Conference on Advances in Power System Control, Operation and Management, 2009. (DOI:10.1049/cp.2009.1841)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, Z.-X., Chang, C., Chua, T., and Tan, W., “Ensemble and Individual Noise Reduction Method for Induction-Motor Signature Analysis,” Proc. of 8th International Conference on Advances in Power System Control, Operation and Management, 2009. (DOI:10.1049/cp.2009.1845)Google Scholar
- 12.Chua, T., Tan, W., Wang, Z., and Chang, C., “Hybrid Time-Frequency Domain Analysis for Inverter-Fed Induction Motor Fault Detection,” Proc. of IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), pp. 1633–1638, 2010.Google Scholar
- 15.Schoen, R. R. and Habetler, T. G., “Evaluation and Implementation of a System to Eliminate Arbitrary Load Effects in Current-Based Monitoring of Induction Machines,” Proc. of Thirty-First IAS Annual Meeting Industry Applications Conference, pp. 671–678, 1996.Google Scholar
- 21.Nguyen, P. H. and Kim, J.-M., “Multifault Diagnosis of Rolling Element Bearings Using a Wavelet Kurtogram and Vector Median-Based Feature Analysis,” Shock and Vibration, Vol. 2015, Article ID: 320508, 2015.Google Scholar
- 23.Holland, J. and Goldberg, D., “Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning,” Massachusetts: Addison-Wesley, 1989.Google Scholar
- 25.Islam, R., Khan, S. A., and Kim, J.-m., “Discriminant Feature Distribution Analysis-Based Hybrid Feature Selection for Online Bearing Fault Diagnosis in Induction Motors,” Journal of Sensors, Vol. 2016, Article ID: 7145715, 2016.Google Scholar
- 26.Jeong, I.-K., Kang, M., Kim, J., Kim, J.-M., Ha, J.-M., and Choi, B.-K., “Enhanced DET-Based Fault Signature Analysis for Reliable Diagnosis of Single and Multiple-Combined Bearing Defects,” Shock and Vibration, Vol. 2015, Article ID: 814650, 2015.Google Scholar