Design and Implementation of a Telecardiology System for Mobile Devices
- 245 Downloads
This paper presents the design and implementation of a system for digital telecardiology on mobile devices called Remote Cardio Consultation (RCC). Using RCC may improve first intervention procedures in case of heart attack. In fact, it allows physicians to remotely consult ECG signals from a mobile device or smartphone by using a so-called app. The remote consultation is implemented by a server application collecting physician availability to answer upon client support requests. The app can be used by first intervention clinicians and allows reducing delays and decision errors in emergency interventions. Thus, best decision, certified and supported by cardiologists, can be obtained in case of heart attacks and first interventions even by base medical doctors able to produce and send an ECG. RCC tests have been performed, and the prototype is freely available as a service for testing.
KeywordsTelecardiology Distributed System ECG Data Analysis Telemedicine
Pierangelo Veltri and Giuseppe Tradigo are supported by the PRIN project GENData 2020; Pierangelo Veltri is also supported by PON SH 2.0 project.
- 1.WHO (2009) World health statistics. World Health Organization, GenevaGoogle Scholar
- 6.Tarrida CL, Franquelo LG, Elena M, Quero JM (2002) Design of a mobile telecardiology system using GPRS/GSM technology. Eng Med Biol 3:1859–1860Google Scholar
- 8.Gundersen T, Fensli R, Gunnarson E (2005) A wearable ECG-recording system for continuous arrhythmia monitoring in a wireless tele-home-care situation. CBMS 1:407–412Google Scholar
- 10.Back I, Makela K (2012) Mobile phone messaging in health care where are we now? J Inform Tech Soft Eng 2(1):1–8Google Scholar
- 11.Paraschiv A-M, Cepisca C, Banica C, Andreea E (2011) Remote monitoring ECG signals system. In: International symposium on advanced topics in electrical engineering (ATEE), Bucarest, Romania 1:1–6Google Scholar
- 13.Teletac website (2012) Teletac. http://www.aspag.it/index.php/teletac
- 14.FacileCare website (2012) Facilecare. http://www.softpro.it/telemedicine/multi-specialist-teleconsultation.aspx
- 15.Tesan website (2012) Tesan. http://www.tesan.it/en/e-health-center/research-a-development/health-optimum.html
- 18.Lin Chin-Teng, Chang Kuan-Cheng, Lin Chun-Ling, Chiang Chia-Cheng, Shao-Wei Lu, Chang Shih-Sheng, Lin Bor-Shyh, Liang Hsin-Yueh, Chen Ray-Jade, Lee Yuan-Teh, Ko Li-Wei (2010) An intelligent telecardiology system using a wearable and wireless ECG to detect atrial fibrillation. IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 14(3):726–733CrossRefGoogle Scholar