Application of hybrid forecast engine based intelligent algorithm and feature selection for wind signal prediction
This paper presents a new prediction model based on empirical mode decomposition, feature selection and hybrid forecast engine. The whole structure of proposed model is based on nonstationarity and non-convex nature of wind power signal. The hybrid forecast engine consists of three main stages as; empirical mode decomposition, an intelligent algorithm and back propagation neural network. All parameters of proposed neural network will be optimized by intelligent algorithm. Effectiveness of the proposed model is tested with real-world hourly data of wind farms in Spain and Texas. In order to demonstrate the validity of the proposed model, it is compared with several other wind speed and power forecast techniques. Obtained results confirm the validity of the developed approach.
KeywordsNeural network Wind power forecast Hybrid forecast engine Feature selection EEMD
- Abedinia O, Ghadimi N (2013) Modified harmony search algorithm based unit commitment with plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. J Artif Intell Electr Eng 2(6):49–62Google Scholar
- Ghadimi N, Firouz MH (2015) Short-term management of hydro-power systems based on uncertainty model in electricity markets. J Power Technol 95(4):265Google Scholar
- Mirzapour F et al (2017) A new prediction model of battery and wind-solar output in hybrid power system. J Ambient Intell Hum Comput 217:1–11Google Scholar
- Sotavento Wind Farm (2018) [Online] http://www.sotaventogalicia.com
- West Texas Wind Farm (2018) [Online] http://www.mesonet.ttu.edu/wind.html