Infinite impulse response systems modeling by artificial intelligent optimization methods
- 58 Downloads
Artificial Intelligent Optimization (AIO) algorithms learn from the past searches via using a group of individuals or agents. These Artificial Intelligence-based optimizing techniques are able to solve complex optimization problems with complicated constraints. They find the optimal in the low possible number of iterations, where optimal means the best from all possibilities selected from a special point of view. This paper presents a research on employing AIO methods with aim to Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) system modeling for design and optimization of IIR digital filters. The proposed methods cover a variety of AIO methods; algorithm based on evolution strategy (genetic algorithm) and heuristic algorithms (particle swarm optimization, population-based; gravitational search algorithm, and inclined planes system optimization, both population-based and based on Newton’s laws). In this paper, the IIR system modeling is solved as a constrained single-objective optimization problem in the Mean Squared Error (MSE) fitness function and is evaluated for two different benchmark IIR plants with high and low orders. To evaluate performance, efficiency and efficacy of the methods, two important criteria are used: “Indicator of Success (IoS)” and “Degree of Reliability (DoR)”. In addition, the effect of decreasing population size (search agents) is analyzed on the performance and efficiency of the algorithms. Simulation results clarify the success of the research in terms of the MSE, IoS and DoR.
KeywordsArtificial intelligent optimization IIR system modeling Digital filter design Indicator of success Degree of reliability.
The authors would like to thank the reviewers for providing valuable comments that helped to improve the manuscript significantly.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they do not have conflict of interests.
- Balas VE, Fodor J, Várkonyi-Kóczy AR, Dombi J, Jain LC (2013) Soft computing applications. In: Proceedings of the 5th international workshop soft computing applications (SOFA), vol 195. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Dorigo M, Maniezzo V, Colorni A (1996) Ant system: optimization by a colony of cooperating agents. IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern Part B Cybern 26(1):29–41Google Scholar
- Holland J (1975) Adaptation in Natural and artificial systems. University of Michigan Press, Ann AnborGoogle Scholar
- Jackson BA (1999) Digital filter design and synthesis using high-level modeling tools. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, BlacksburgGoogle Scholar
- Kennedy J, Eberhart R (1995) Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of IEEE International conference on neural networks, vol. 4. IEEE, pp 1942–1948Google Scholar
- Lagos-Eulogio P, Seck-Tuoh-Mora JC, Hernandez-Romero N, Medina-Marin J (2017) A new design method for adaptive IIR system identification using hybrid CPSO and DE. Nonlinear Dyn 88(4):2371–2389. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-017-3383-7
- Mohammadi A, Zahiri SH (2016a) Inclined planes system optimization algorithm for IIR system identification. Int J Mach Learn Cybern. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13042-016-0588-x
- Mohammadi A, Zahiri SH (2016b) Analysis of swarm intelligence and evolutionary computation techniques in IIR digital filters design. In: 2016 1st Conference on Swarm Intelligence and Evolutionary Computation (CSIEC), pp 64–69Google Scholar
- Mohammadi A, Mohammadi M, Zahiri SH (2015) A novel solution based on multi-objective AI techniques for optimization of CMOS LC_VCOs. J Telecomm Electron Comput Eng 7(2):137–144Google Scholar
- Mohammadi A, Mohammadi M, Zahiri SH (2017) Design of optimal CMOS ring oscillator using an intelligent optimization tool. Soft Comput. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-017-2759-4
- Rong H, Angelov PP, Gu X, Bai J (2018) Stability of evolving fuzzy systems based on data clouds. IEEE Trans Fuzzy Syst PP(99):1. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2018.2793258
- Saha SK, Kar R, Mandal D, Ghoshal SP (2015) Optimal IIR filter design using gravitational search algorithm with wavelet mutation. J King Saud Univ Comput Inf Sci 27(1):25–39Google Scholar
- Singh R, Verma HK (2014) Teaching–learning-based optimization algorithm for parameter identification in the design of IIR filters. J Inst Eng (India): Series B 94(4):285–294Google Scholar
- Van de Vegte J (2001) Fundamentals of digital signal processing. Prentice Hall, NJGoogle Scholar
- Yang X-S (2015) Recent advances in swarm Intelligence and Evolutionary Computation, vol 585. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Yang Y, Yang B, Niu M (2017) Adaptive infinite impulse response system identification using opposition based hybrid coral reefs optimization algorithm. Appl Intell. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10489-017-1034-9