Specification and Thermodynamic Properties of Topological Time-Dependent Dynamical Systems
This paper discusses the thermodynamic properties for certain time-dependent dynamical systems. In particular, we are interested in time-dependent dynamical systems with the specification property. We show that each time-dependent dynamical system given by a sequence of surjective continuous self maps of a compact metric space with the specification property has positive topological entropy and all points are entropy point. In particular, it is proved that these systems are topologically chaotic. We will treat the dynamics of uniformly Ruelle-expanding time-dependent dynamical systems on compact metric spaces and provide some sufficient conditions that these systems have the specification property. Consequently, we conclude that these systems have positive topological entropy. This extends a result of Kawan (Nonlinearity 28:669–695, 2015), corresponding to the case when the expanding maps are smooth, to the more general case of expanding maps. Additionally, we study the topological pressure of time-dependent dynamical systems. We obtain conditions under which the topological entropy and topological pressure of any continuous potential can be computed as a limit at a definite size scale. Finally, we study the Lipschitz regularity of the topological pressure function for expansive and hence for uniformly Ruelle-expanding time-dependent dynamical systems on compact metric spaces.
KeywordsNon-autonomous dynamical system Topological entropy Specification property Entropy point Topological pressure Ruelle-expanding map
Mathematics Subject Classification37B55 37C60 37C40 37B40 37A25
The authors would like to thank the respectful referee for his/her comments on the manuscript.
- 5.Block, L., Guckenheimer, J., Misuirewicz, M., Young, L.S.: Periodic Orbits and Topological Entropy of One-Dimensional Maps: Global Theory of Dynamical Systems. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 819. Springer, New York (1980)Google Scholar
- 11.Castro, A., Rodrigues, F.B., Varandas, P.: Stability and limit theorems for sequences of uniformly hyperbolic dynamics (2017). arXiv:1709.01652
- 12.Castro, A., Rodrigues, F.B., Varandas, P.: Leafwise shadowing property for partiallly hyperbolic diffeomorphisms, Submitted (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Cioletti, L., Lopes, A.O.: Ruelle operator for continuous potentials and DLR-Gibbs measures (2016). arXiv:1608.03881
- 24.Manning, A.: Topological entropy and the first homology group. In: Dynamical Systems, Warwick, 1974, vol. 468 of lecture notes in mathematics, pp. 185–190, Springer, Berlin (1975)Google Scholar
- 32.Ruelle, D.: Thermodynamic formalism. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1978)Google Scholar