Oncoplastic breast surgery combining partial mastectomy with immediate breast reshaping using multiple local flaps for a patient with slim body
- 45 Downloads
Oncoplastic breast surgery (OBS), which combines the concepts of oncologic and plastic surgery, is becoming more common worldwide. We report the results of OBS in a Japanese patient with early breast cancer located on the outer lower quadrant area. We performed OBS combining partial mastectomy with immediate breast reshaping using multiple adipofascial cutaneous flaps and free dermal fat graft because she refused any other OBS. We selected three local flaps to repair the defect. Perioperative and postoperative complications were not seen. The cosmetic findings 3 years after surgery were not excellent, but the patient was satisfied with the results. OBS combining partial mastectomy with immediate breast reshaping using a combination of several flaps was successfully performed in a patient with early breast cancer.
KeywordsBreast cancer Oncoplastic breast surgery Slim body Volume replacement Adipofascial flap
We have no funding source.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
We declare no financial relationships or other interests associated with this manuscript, which might be construed as constituting a conflict of interest.
- 1.Audretsch WP, Rezai M, Kolotas C, et al. Onco-plastic surgery: “target” volume reduction (BCT-mastopexy), lumpectomy reconstruction (BCT-reconstruction) and flap-supported operability in breast cancer. In: Proceeding 2nd European congress on senology; October 2–6, 1994; Vienna, Austria, pp 139–157.Google Scholar
- 2.Audretsch WP, Rezai M, Kolotas C, et al. Tumor-specific immediate reconstruction (TSIR) in breast cancer patients. Perspect Plast Surg. 1998;11:71–106.Google Scholar
- 5.Zaha H, Hakazu O, Watanabe M, Higa M. Breast-conserving surgery using reduction mammoplasty. Jpn J Breast Cancer. 2008;223:211–5 ((in Japanese with English abstract).Google Scholar
- 10.Sobin LH, Gospoarowicz MK, Wittekind Ch. TNM classification of malignant tumours, 8th ed. New York: Wiley; 2017.Google Scholar
- 24.Kijima Y, Yoshinaka H, Shinden Y, et al. Oncoplastic breast surgery for centrally located breast cancer: a case series. Gland Surg. 2014;3(1):62–73.Google Scholar