Direct imaging and determination of the crystal structure of six-layered graphdiyne
- 467 Downloads
Since its discovery, the direct imaging and determination of the crystal structure of few-layer graphdiyne has proven difficult because it is too delicate under irradiation by an electron beam. In this work, the crystal structure of a six-layered graphdiyne nanosheet was directly observed by low-voltage transmission electron microscopy (TEM) using low current density. The combined use of high-resolution TEM (HRTEM) simulation, electron energy-loss spectroscopy, and electron diffraction revealed that the as-synthesized nanosheet was crystalline graphdiyne with a thickness of 2.19 nm (corresponding to a thickness of six layers) and showed ABC stacking. Thus, this work provides direct evidence for the existence and crystal structure of few-layer graphdiyne, which is a new type of two-dimensional carbon material complementary to graphene.
Keywordsfew-layer graphdiyne crystal structure low-voltage transmission electron microscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 11604241, 21790052 and 21331007), the National Program for Thousand Young Talents of China, the Postdoctoral Science Foundation of China (No. 2015M580209), the Tianjin Municipal Education Commission, the Tianjin Municipal Science and Technology Commission (No. 15JCYBJC52600), and the Fundamental Research Fund of Tianjin University of Technology.
- Xiao, J. Y.; Shi, J. J.; Liu, H. B.; Xu, Y. Z.; Lv, S. T.; Luo, Y. H.; Li, D. M.; Meng, Q. B.; Li, Y. L. Efficient CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite solar cells based on graphdiyne (GD)-modified P3HT hole-transporting material. Adv. Energy Mater. 2015, 5, 1401493.Google Scholar
- Li, J.; Gao, X.; Liu, B.; Feng, Q. L.; Li, X. B.; Huang, M. Y.; Liu, Z. F.; Zhang, J.; Tung, C. H.; Wu, L. Z. Graphdiyne: A metal-free material as hole transfer layer to fabricate quantum dot-sensitized photocathodes for hydrogen production. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 3954–3957.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Li, J. Q.; Xie, Z. Q.; Xiong, Y.; Li, Z. Z.; Huang, Q. X.; Zhang, S. Q.; Zhou, J. Y.; Liu, R.; Gao, X.; Chen, C. Q. et al. Architecture of β-graphdiyne-containing thin film using modified glaser–hay coupling reaction for enhanced photocatalytic property of TiO2. Adv. Mater. 2017, 29, 1700421.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Sánchez-Royo, J. F.; Muñoz-Matutano, G.; Brotons-Gisbert, M.; Martínez-Pastor, J. P.; Segura, A.; Cantarero, A.; Mata, R.; Canet-Ferrer, J.; Tobias, G.; Canadell, E. et al. Electronic structure, optical properties, and lattice dynamics in atomically thin indium selenide flakes. Nano Res. 2014, 7, 1556–1568.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Li, C.; Gao, B.; Yao, Y.; Guan, X. X.; Shen, X.; Wang, Y. G.; Huang, P.; Liu, L. F.; Liu, X. Y.; Li, J. J. et al. Direct observations of nanofilament evolution in switching processes in HfO2-based resistive random access memory by in situ TEM studies. Adv. Mater. 2017, 29, 1602976.CrossRefGoogle Scholar