Case Report: Hydatid Cyst in Breast
- 1 Downloads
Hydatid cyst of breast is a rare clinical entity. It is found in only 0.2% of cases. A case is presented in which a 35-year-old female presented with a painless, well-defined lump which was excised and confirmed clinically and on histopathological examination as hydatid cyst of breast.
KeywordsRare Hydatid Cyst Breast
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Written informed consent was taken from patient for publication of this case.
- 1.Afroz N, Singh JK, Singh G (2014) Case report: hydatid cyst: unusual presentation as breast lump. BMJ Case Rep 2014:bcr2014204273. https://doi.org/10.1136/bcr-2014-204273
- 2.Mirdha BR, Biswas A (2001) Echinococcus: presenting as palpable lumps of breast. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 43:239–241Google Scholar
- 3.Erkan N, Haciyanli M, Yildirim M, Yilmaz C (2004) A case report of unusual presence of hydatid disease in pancreas & breast. J Pancreas 5(5):368–372Google Scholar
- 5.Singh J, Natekar AA, Basu S (2016) Hydatid disease of breast—a rare case & review of literature. Int J Surg Res 5(2):15–16Google Scholar
- 6.TaoriK B, Mahajan SM, Hirawe SR, Mundhada RG (2004) Hydatid disease of breast. Indian J Radiol Imaging 14(1):57–60Google Scholar