Heat Transfer in a Closed Domain of Inhomogeneous Supercritical Fluid under Weightlessness
- 21 Downloads
The process of heat transfer in a closed domain of temperature-density inhomogeneous supercritical fluid (SCF) heated or cooled from the boundaries under weightlessness is studied numerically. The calculations near the thermodynamic critical point are carried out with the use of 1D equations of Navier-Stokes, mass conservation, energy balance, and van der Waals equation of state. It is obtained that when the critical point approaches the characteristic time of “piston effect”, τPE, in inhomogeneous SCF significantly increases in comparison with the homogeneous case. The larger temperature-density inhomogeneity and the closer the critical point, the longer time of “piston effect”. In addition the heating of the fluid causes the temperature-density inhomogeneity to be stronger, whereas cooling leads to the weakening of the inhomogeneity.
KeywordsThermodynamic critical point “Piston effect” Temperature-density inhomogeneity Weightlessness
The present work was partially supported by the Russian State Assignment under contract No. АААА-А17-117021310375-7.
- Garrabos, Y., Dejoan, A., Lecoutre, C., Beysens, D., Nikolaev, V., Wunenburger, R.: Piston effect in a supercritical fluid sample cell: a phenomenological approach of the mechanisms. J. Phys. IV France. 11(23), (2001)Google Scholar
- Gorbunov, A., Emelyanov, V. and Lednev, A.: Temperature and pressure discontinuity decay near the thermodynamic critical point. Mezhdunarodnyi jurnal prikladnykh i fundamentalnykh issledovanii. ISSN 1996-3955, V 12, 23-30 (2015)Google Scholar
- Gorbunov, A., Emelyanov, V., Lednev, A., Alyamovskaya, V.: Numerical study of infinitely small perturbations in a fluid with anomalous thermodynamic properties. Preprint no 984. In: Institute for Problems in Mechanics RAS (2011)Google Scholar
- Gorbunov, A., Emelyanov, V., Lednev, A.: Effect of gravity on “speeding up” heating of supercritical fluid. Mezhdunarodnyi jurnal prikladnykh i fundamentalnykh issledovanii. 12, 788–793 (2016) ISSN 1996-3955Google Scholar
- Gorbunov, A., Emelyanov, V., Lednev, A.: Characteristic features of heat transfer in inhomogeneous supercritical fluid. Journal of physics: conference series. V. 891. In: Paper 012057 (2017)Google Scholar
- Polezhaev, V., Emelyanov, V., Gorbunov, A., Putin, G., Zyuzgin, A., Ivanov, A., Beysens, D., Garrabos, Y.: Preparation for the VIP-CRIT space experiment on the ISS: an analysis of MIR experiments and ground-based studies of heat transfer and phase separation in near-critical fluid. J. Jpn. Soc. Microgravity Appl. 25 (2008)Google Scholar
- Zappoli, B., Beysens, D.Y., Garrabos, Y.: Heat transfers and related effects in supercritical fluids. Fluid mechanics and its applications. V. 108. Springer (2015)Google Scholar