A novel parallel sensor with six rigid compliant limbs for measuring six- component force/torque
- 24 Downloads
A novel parallel sensor with six rigid/compliant hybrid limbs and six standard force sensors is developed for measuring the six-component force/torque. The measuring theory and performances are studied. A prototype of the robot hybrid hands with the parallel sensor is developed. A prototype of the parallel sensor is built up and its merits and performances are analyzed. A statics equation among the forces of the standard force sensors and the whole external load and a stiffness model of the parallel sensor are established based on its equivalent parallel mechanism. The force/torque of the parallel sensor is measured under the given external load. The theoretical solutions of the statics model of the parallel sensor are obtained and verified by both the experimental measuring solutions of the prototype of the parallel sensor and the simulation solutions of a FE model.
KeywordsParallel sensor Rigid compliant hybrid limb Six-component force/torque
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are grateful to Major Research Project (91748125) supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China.
- Z. Jin, F. Gao and X. Zhang, Design and analysis of a novel isotropic six-component force/torque sensor, Sens. Actuators A: Phys., 109 (1–2) (2003) 17–20.Google Scholar
- A. M. Wright, A. B. Wright and T. Born, A six degree-offreedom thrust sensor for a labscale hybrid rocket, Measurement Science and Technology, 24 (12) (2013) Article 125104.Google Scholar
- W. J. Wang, Development of a six-axis force/moment sensor for wind tunnel model test, Measurement Science and Technology, 24 (11) (2013) Article 115101.Google Scholar
- Z. Niu, Y. Z. Zhao, T. S. Zhao, Y. C. Cao and M. H. Liu, Measurement model and calibration experiment of overconstrained parallel six-dimensional force sensor based on stiffness characteristics analysis, Measurement Science and Technology, 28 (10) (2017) Article 105104.Google Scholar
- A. Z. Joubair, F. Long and P. Bigras, Use of a force-torque sensor for self-calibration of a 6-DOF medical robot, Sensors, 16 (6) (2016) Article 798.Google Scholar
- E. C. Y. Yang, Design and sensitivity analysis simulation of a novel 3D force sensor based on a parallel mechanism, Sensors, 16 (12) Article 2147.Google Scholar
- Y. Z. Zhao, L. Jiao and D. Weng, Decoupling principle analysis and development of a parallel three-dimensional force, Sensor, 16 (9) (2016) Article 1506.Google Scholar
- Y. Li, Y. L. Zhao and J. Y. Fei, Design and development of a three-component force sensor for milling process monitoring, Sensors, 17 (5) (2017) Article 949.Google Scholar
- J. Guo, Y. Xu, W. Liu, J. Yao and Y. Zhao, Force analysis of redundantly actuated overconstrained parallel mechanism, Journal of Yanshan University, 42 (3) (2018) 199–205.Google Scholar
- S. P. Timoshenko and J. Gere, Mechanics of Materials, Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, NewYork (1972).Google Scholar