Compilation of load spectrum of machining center spindle and application in fatigue life prediction
- 7 Downloads
The load spectrum of machining center (MC) is the data basis for fatigue life prediction. A novel compiling method of dynamic cutting load spectrum of MC spindle is proposed, and then applied to the fatigue life prediction. Typical process parameters were determined based on the data collected in the user field by establishing the characteristic load distribution, and dynamic cutting load was measured using the load test platform. Mean-frequency and amplitude-frequency matrices of the load were obtained by the rainflow counting method, and mixture Weibull distribution (MWD) was used to establish the mean and amplitude distribution. Thus, the two-dimensional dynamic cutting load spectrum of spindle was compiled. The eight-level program load spectrum was established, and then applied to the spindle fatigue life prediction. The accuracy of load spectrum is improved because of the MWD, instead of single distribution, and the complete load spectrum compilation process also improves the life prediction accuracy.
KeywordsFatigue life prediction Load spectrum Machining center spindle Mixture Weibull distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Wang, Y. Li and Z. Jiang, Non-parametric load extrapolation based on load extension for semi-axle of wheel loader, Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 9 (3) (2017) 1687 8140 1769 0073.Google Scholar
- J. Yu et al., Development of a program-loading spectrum for the accelerated durability test of lower control arm, J. of Testing and Evaluation, 44 (3) (2015) 1307–1318.Google Scholar
- J. Schijve, Fatigue of Structures and Materials, Springer Science & Business Media (2001) 144–172.Google Scholar
- J. E. Shigley, Shigley’s Mechanical Engineering Design, Tata McGraw-Hill Education (2011).Google Scholar
- W. D. Pilkey and D. F. Pilkey, Peterson’s Stress Concentration Factors, 3rd Ed., New York: Wiley (2008) 38.Google Scholar