Investigations of temperature-induced errors in positioning of an industrial robot arm
- 54 Downloads
Analysis of the influence of the temperature on the positioning accuracy of the robot arm is one of the key problems in robotic assembly operations. The results of the analysis of the industrial robot positioning error presented in the article show that in conditions of stable temperature, these errors are systematic. Research on the influence of ambient temperature on the accuracy of the robot positioning was carried out for selected points in the working space of the robot arm. The Lillefors distribution was used to determine the influence of temperature on the distribution of the random variable. The results obtained were subjected to statistical analysis using the Shapiro-Wilk test. It was shown that to calculate the value of total error, the three-sigma rule may be used, because the flat normal distribution is concentrated around its expected value. Knowledge of the structure of the total error of the robot makes it possible to determine the location where the process can be carried out in which the robot has the least sensitivity to temperature-induced errors.
KeywordsIndustrial robot Repeatability positioning error Robot accuracy Temperature-induced errors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ISO 9283, Manipulating industrial robots–Performance criteria and related test methods, International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland (1998).Google Scholar
- A. Olabi, M. Damak, R. Béarée, O. Gibaru and S. Leleu, Improving the accuracy of industrial robots by offline compensation of joints errors, Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Industrial Technology, Island of Kos, Greece (2012) 1–5.Google Scholar
- D. Wang, Y. Bai and J. Zhao, Robot manipulator calibration using neural network and a camera–based measurement system, Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, 34 (1) (2012)105–121.Google Scholar
- A. Abdulshahed, A. P. Longstaff, S. Fletcher and A. Myers, Application of GNNMCI(1, N) to environmental thermal error modelling of CNC machine tools, Proc. of the 3rd Int. Conference on Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Technologies, Stockholm, Sweden (2013) 253–262.Google Scholar
- E. Lubrano and R. Clavel, Thermal calibration of a 3 DOF ultra high precision robot operating in industrial environment, Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Taipei, Taiwan (2010) 3692–3697.Google Scholar
- M. Guilbert, P. B. Wieber and L. Joly, Optimal trajectory generation for manipulator robots under thermal constraints, Proc of. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Beijing, China (2006) 742–747.Google Scholar
- R. Li and X. H. Qu, Study on calibration uncertainty of industrial robot kinematics parameters, Chinese J. of Scientific Instrument, 35 (2014) 2192–2199.Google Scholar