Reliability evaluation of conceptual design for the dehydration package
- 1 Downloads
In this study, reliability evaluation in conceptual design stage is performed to develop the dehydration package of offshore plant equipment. Dehydration package is commonly used in the gas treatment system but has still being developed. Since the technology for the dehydration package relies on almost 100 % in overseas companies, it is necessary to acquire the design/engineering technology for dehydration package. The design must also consider reliability and safety with the special characteristic of ocean environment and the danger of gas process. Therefore, the concept of adsorption dehydration package and design philosophy for development of dehydration package is derived through reliability evaluation in conceptual design stage in this study. After defining the equipment for dehydration package by IDEF0, reliability evaluation of conceptual design for the dehydration package is performed using fault tree analysis (FTA), based on the result of hazard identification (HAZID) analysis. In the future, this result will be applied in detail design.
KeywordsReliability evaluation Conceptual design Dehydration package Hazard identification Fault tree analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. D. Kim, S. B. Choi, J. M. Lee, M. K. Kim, S. C. Choi, I. J. Hwang and J. B. Choi, Conceptual design of a web–based LNG plant management system through adoption of the integrated environment for design and maintenance, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 28 (9) (2014) 3759–3767.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- J. Oh, A study on the feedback loop design (FLD) method for concurrent engineering process of offshore plant, Ph.D. Thesis, Hanyang University (2016).Google Scholar
- WINTEK Co. LTD., Available online at: http://www. wintek–corp.com/dehydration/molecular–sieve–dehydrationunits–msdu.html (1986).Google Scholar
- M. H. Sulaiman, Gas dehydration using glycol solution in absorption and adsorption unit, Ph.D. Thesis, Malaysia Pahang University (2009).Google Scholar
- Honeywell UOP Co. LTD., Available online at: https: //www.uop.com/molsiv–dehydration/(2005).Google Scholar
- Abbott Risk Consulting Ltd. & Woodfibre PMC., Woodfibre PMC Project Safety Studies: HAZID Study Report, Woodfibre PMC, Vancouver, Canada (2015).Google Scholar
- DNV GL., Offshore reliability data handbook (OREDA), Sixth ed., Det Norsk Veritas, DNV, Hovik, Norway (2015).Google Scholar
- T. B. Mohammed and L. Zoubida, Safety assessment of flare systems by fault tree analysis, Journal of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, 51 (2) (2016) 229–234.Google Scholar
- PTC., PTC WQS (Windchill Quality Solutions) 11.0 Manual (2015).Google Scholar