The local invariant for scale structures on mapping spaces
- 7 Downloads
A scale Hilbert space is a natural generalization of a Hilbert space which considers not only a single Hilbert space but a nested sequence of subspaces. Scale structures were introduced by H. Hofer, K. Wysocki, and E. Zehnder as a new concept of smooth structures in infinite dimensions. In this paper, we prove that scale structures on mapping spaces are completely determined by the dimension of domain manifolds. We also give a complete description of the local invariant introduced by U. Frauenfelder for these spaces. Product mapping spaces and relative mapping spaces are also studied. Our approach is based on the spectral resolution of Laplace type operators together with the eigenvalue growth estimate.
KeywordsScale structures Frauenfelder’s local invariant Mapping spaces
Mathematics Subject Classification46T05 58B15
I am grateful to Urs Frauenfelder for fruitful discussions. I thank Jeong Hyeong Park for precious communications. I also thank the referee for careful reading of the manuscript and helpful comments.
- 1.Bérard, P.H.: Spectral Geometry: Direct and Inverse Problems. Lecture Notes in Mathematics. Springer, Berlin (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Frauenfelder, U.: First steps in the geography of scale Hilbert structures (2009), arXiv:0910.3980
- 7.Frauenfelder, U.: Fractal scale Hilbert spaces and scale Hessian operators (2009), arXiv:0912.1154
- 10.Gilkey, P., Leahy, J., Park, J.H.: Spinors, Spectral Geometry, and Riemannian Submersions. Seoul National University, Research Institute of Mathematics, Global Analysis Research Center (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.Hofer, H., Wysocki, K., Zehnder, E.: Fredholm Theory in Polyfolds I: Functional Analytic Methods (Book in preparation) Google Scholar
- 21.Wehrheim, K.: Uhlenbeck Compactness, EMS Series of Lectures in Mathematics. European Mathematical Society (EMS), Zürich (2004) Google Scholar