Transformation of fuzzy spatiotemporal data from XML to object-oriented database
- 121 Downloads
The rapid development of the Internet promotes that XML is increasingly accepted as a medium for integrating and exchanging data. Meanwhile, object-oriented database with many excellent properties has been applied more and more widely. In particular, considering the need of processing the fuzzy spatiotemporal data existing in practical applications, we study the methodology of building fuzzy spatiotemporal data model and transforming fuzzy spatiotemporal data from XML to object-oriented database as well. To establish a suitable model, we devise a fuzzy spatiotemporal data model in XML to capture the semantics of fuzzy spatiotemporal features. In addition, we take the object-oriented schema that best describes the exciting fuzzy XML Schema and the characteristics of the XML tree structure into account to develop a series of rules to map spatiotemporal data from XML to object-oriented database. Such mapping rules could provide a significant consolidation of the interoperability of fuzzy spatiotemporal data from XML to object-oriented databases.
KeywordsXML schema Object-oriented database Spatiotemporal data model Transformation
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61402087), the Natural Science Foundation of Hebei Province (F2015501049), the Scientific Research Fund of Hebei Education Department (QN2014339), and the Technology Support Project of NEU (XNK2015003).
- F. Dahak, M. Boughanem, A. Balla, A probabilistic model to exploit user expectations in XML information retrieval, Inf Process Manag 53(1) (2016), 87–105Google Scholar
- Maler E, Yergeau IF, Cowan J (2006) Extensible markup language (XML) 1.1, World Wide Web Consortium Google Scholar
- Martens W, Neven F, Niewerth M, Schwentick T, Xai B (2015) Combining the simplicity of DTD with the expressiveness of XML schema. In: Proceedings of the 34th ACM SIGMOD-SIGACT-SIGAI Symposium on Principles of Database Systems, New York, vol 2015, pp 145–156Google Scholar
- Naser T, Alhajj R, Ridley MJ (2008) Reengineering XML into object-oriented database. In: Proceedings of the 2008 I.E. international conference on information reuse and integration, Las Vegas, pp 1–6Google Scholar
- Naser T, Alhajj R, Ridley MJ (2009) Two-way mapping between object-oriented databases and XML. Informatica 33(3):297–308Google Scholar
- Oliboni B, Pozzani G (2008) Representing fuzzy information by using XML schema. In Proceedings of DEXA, Turin:683–687Google Scholar
- Yan L, Ma ZM, Liu J (2009) Fuzzy data modeling based on XML schema. In: Proceedings of the 2009 ACM symposium on applied computing, New York, pp 1563–1567Google Scholar