Strongly regular graphs arising from non-weakly regular bent functions
- 21 Downloads
In this paper, we study two special subsets of a finite field of odd characteristics associated with non-weakly regular bent functions. We show that those subsets associated to non-weakly regular even bent functions in the GMMF class (see Çesmelioğlu et al. Finite Fields Appl. 24, 105–117 2013) are never partial difference sets (PDSs), and are PDSs if and only if they are trivial subsets. Moreover, we analyze the two known sporadic examples of non-weakly regular ternary bent functions given in Helleseth and Kholosha (IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory 52(5), 2018–2032 2006, Cryptogr. Commun. 3(4), 281–291 2011). We observe that corresponding subsets are non-trivial partial difference sets. We show that they are the union of some cyclotomic cosets and so correspond to 2-class fusion schemes of a cyclotomic scheme. We also present a further construction giving non-trivial PDSs from certain p-ary functions which are not bent functions.
KeywordsNon weakly regular bent functions Partial difference sets Cyclotomic association schemes Fusion schemes Strongly regular graphs
Mathematics Subject Classification (2010)11T22 11T71 05E30
The authors extend thanks to the anonymous reviewers for their valuable comments and suggestions, which improved the quality and presentation of the manuscript.
- 2.Brouwer, A.: Web database of strongly regular graphs. http://www.win.tue.nl/aeb/graphs/srg/srgtab.html (online)
- 5.Chee, T.Y.Z.X., Y.M.: Strongly regular graphs constructed from p-ary bent functions. J. Algebr. Comb., 34(2)Google Scholar
- 7.Helleseth, T., Kholosha, A.: New binomial bent functions over the finite fields of odd characteristic. In: 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory Proceedings (ISIT), pp 1277–1281. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Muzychuk, M.: V-rings of permutation groups with Invariant Metric. Ph.D. Thesis, Kiev State University (1987)Google Scholar
- 15.Özbudak, F., Pelen, R.M.: Duals of non-weakly regular bent functions are not weakly regular and generalization to plateaued functions. SubmittedGoogle Scholar
- 19.Tan, Y., Yang, J., Zhang, X.: A recursive construction of p-ary bent functions which are not weakly regular. In: 2010 IEEE International Conference on Information Theory and Information Security (ICITIS), pp. 156–159 (2010)Google Scholar
- 20.Zheng, Y., Zhang, X.-M.: Plateaued functions. In: ICICS, vol. 99, pp 284–300. Springer (1999)Google Scholar