The Queen of Carbon!
- 15 Downloads
Mildred Dresselhaus was one of the most renowned physicists, material scientists, and electrical engineers of our time. She made vital contributions to research on graphite and graphite intercalation compounds, graphene, carbon fibers and nanotubes, fullerenes, and thermoelectric effects of nanostructures. Mildred Dresselhaus was considered the leading expert on carbon materials, and was popularly known in the scientific circles as the “Queen of Carbon”. Her immense contributions to the field of carbon materials ushered in the era of carbon nanoscience and technology.
KeywordsCarbon nanoscience graphite graphene nanotubes fullerenes thermoelectricity nanostructures
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L Madsen, Successful Women Ceramic and Glass Scientists and Engineers: 100 Inspirational Profiles, Wiley 640, 2016.Google Scholar
- M Hargittai, Women Scientists: Reflections, Challenges, and Breaking Boundaries, New York: Oxford University Press, xiii, 363 pages, 2015.Google Scholar
- M S Dresselhaus, Fifty Years in Studying Carbon-Based Materials, Physica Scripta, T146, 2012.Google Scholar
- R Saito et al., Raman Spectra of Graphene Ribbons, Journal of Physics-Condensed Matter, 22(33), 2010.Google Scholar
- American Physical Society, https://doi.org/www.aps.org/.
- The Kavli Prize, [cited 2018; Available from: https://doi.org/kavliprize.org/prizes-and-laureates/laureates/mildred-s-dresselhaus.
- US Department of Energy, Office of Science, [cited 2018; Available from: https://doi.org/science.energy.gov/fermi/award-laureates/2010s/dresselhaus/.
- National Science and Technology Medals Foundation, https://doi.org/www.nationalmedals.org/laureates/mildred-s-dresselhaus.
- American Physical Society, Millie Dresselhaus Fund for Science & Society.Google Scholar