The Tree Travelogues
- 5 Downloads
Seed dispersal is crucial for forest regeneration. Different tree species have different seed dispersal mechanisms. In this article, we explore how fruit-eating animals or frugivores, assist trees in seed dispersal.
KeywordsSeed dispersal effectiveness zoochory frugivory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J T Anderson, T Nuttle, J S SRojas, T H Pendergast and A S Flecker, Extremely Long-distance Seed Dispersal by an Over-fished Amazonian Frugivore, Proceedings of the Royal Society of Biological Sciences, Vol.278, pp.3329–3335, 2011.Google Scholar
- H R da Silva, M C de Britto-Pereira and U Caramaschi, Frugivory and Seed Dispersal by Hyla Truncata, A Neotropical Treefrog, Copeia, Vol.1989, No.3, pp.781–783, 1989.Google Scholar
- A Valido and M Nogales, Frugivory and Seed Dispersal by the Lizard Gallotia galloti (Lacertidae) in a Xeric Habitat of the Canary Islands, Oikos, pp.403–411, 1994.Google Scholar
- R A Medellin and O Gaona, Seed Dispersal by Bats and Birds in Forest and Disturbed Habitats of Chiapas, Mexico, Biotropica, Vol.31, pp.478–485, 1999.Google Scholar
- C A Chapman and S E Russo, Primate Seed Dispersal: Linking Behavioral Ecology with Forest Community Structure, Primates in Perspective, (ed. byCJ Campbell, A F Fuentes, K C MacKinnon, M Panger and S Bearder), pp.510–525, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2007.Google Scholar
- A Campos-Arceiz and S Blake, Megagardeners of the Forest -The Role of Elephants in Seed Dispersal, Acta Oecologica, Vol.37, p.542e553, 2011.Google Scholar
- C M Herrera, Frugivory and Seed Dispersal by Carnivorous Mammals, and Associated Fruit Characteristics, in Undisturbed Mediterranean Habitats, Oikos, pp.250–262, 1989.Google Scholar