Theory of coherent molecule to surface electron injection: An analytical model
- 1.5k Downloads
Electron transfer from a molecular level to empty continuum levels of a substrate is described theoretically. Using a quasicontinuum approach to model the substrate, analytical expressions pertaining to the time-dependent probability among the various levels of the substrate is presented along with its extension to coherently excited molecular vibrational modes. Hidden time scales and dynamics are revealed in the analysis and possible experiments to observe the new results are suggested. We note the applicability of the model to the description of a variety of other phenomena that are formally similar to the electron injection problem, although pertaining to different physics.
KeywordsHeterogeneous electron transfer photoinduced ultrafast dynamics vibrational wavepackets
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Miller R D, McLendon G L, Nozik A J, Schmickler W and Willig F 1995 In Surface electron transfer processes (New York: VCH)Google Scholar
- 5.Zimmermann C, Willig F, Ramakrishna S, Burfeindt B, Pettinger B, Eichberger R and Storck W 2001 J. Phys. Chem. B105 9245Google Scholar
- 9.Sebastian K L and Tachiya M 2006 J. Chem. Phys. 124 064713Google Scholar
- 10.Ramakrishna S, Willig F and May V 2000 Phys. Rev. B62 R16330Google Scholar
- 12.Tsivlin D V, Willig F and May V 2008 Phys. Rev. B77 035319Google Scholar
- 14. (a)
- 14. (b)
- 15.Haug H and Koch S W 1993 Quantum theory of the optical and electronic properties of semiconductors (Singapore: World Scientific)Google Scholar
- 19.Asbury J B, Hao E, Wang Y, Ghosh H H and Lian T 2001 J. Phys. Chem. B105 4545Google Scholar