Theoretical \(\Sigma \)-D relations for shell-type galactic supernova remnants
Relations between radio surface brightness (\(\Sigma \)) and diameter (D) of supernova remnants (SNRs) are important in astronomy. In this paper, following the work Duric and Seaquist (ApJ 301:308, 1986) at adiabatic phase, we carefully investigate shell-type supernova remnants at radiative phase, and obtain theoretical \(\Sigma \)-D relation at radiative phase of shell-type supernova remnants at 1 GHz. By using these theoretical \(\Sigma \)-D relations at adiabatic phase and radiative phase, we also roughly determine phases of some supernova remnant from observation data.
KeywordsShell-type supernova remnants radiative phase surface brightness \(\Sigma \)-D relation
YPH thanks Profs. Hongsheng Zhang and Nan Liang for useful discussions and Dr. Ai-Yuan Yang for providing some updated data, and also the anonymous referee for constructive and helpful comments. This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) under grants No. 11575083, 11565017, 11105004, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities under grant No. NS2015073, and Shanghai Key Laboratory of Particle Physics and Cosmology under grant No. 11DZ2260700. Jun Fang is supported by NSFC No. 11563009 and Yunnan Applied Basic Research Projects No. C0120150289.
- Dubner G. M., Moffett D. A., Goss W. M., Winkler P. F. 1993, AJ, 105, 2251Google Scholar
- Fesen R. A., Horford A. P. 1995, AJ, 110, 747Google Scholar
- Green D. A. 2004, arXiv:astro-ph/0411083vl, 3
- Green D. A. 2009, arXiv:0905.3699
- Green D. A. 2014, arXiv:1409.0637v1
- Lozinskaya T. A. 1981, Soviet Astron. Lett., 7, 17Google Scholar
- McKee C. F., Ostriker J. P. 1977, AJ, 218, 148Google Scholar
- Pavlovic M. Z., Dobardzic A., Vukotic B., Urosevic D. 2014, Serb. Astron. J. 189, 25, arXiv:1411.2234
- Poveda A., Woltjer L. 1968, AJ, 73, 65Google Scholar
- Thorstensen J. R., Fesen R. A., van den Bergh S. 2001, AJ, 122, 297Google Scholar