Synthesis and thermophysical studies of polyanilines
- 16 Downloads
Aniline was polymerized under different experimental conditions such as interfacial polymerization, rapid mixing in hydrochloric acid medium and classical bulk polymerization method using p-toluene sulphonic acid. The resulting polyanilines were characterized by infrared, X-ray diffraction, conductance and scanning electron microscopic analysis. The main emphasis of the paper is to study the thermal response of the synthesized polyanilines by thermogravimetric analysis and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). The DSC data were utilized further to calculate the specific heat capacities of the synthesized polyanilines as a function of temperature.
KeywordsConducting polymers polyanilines specific heat capacity
We gratefully thank Professor K J Patil, Ex. Professor, Shivaji University, Kolhapur for knowledge sharing and technical writing. The authors are also thankful to the management and Principal Dr K S Wani for the financial support of the project from Shram Sadhana Research Promotion Scheme No. COET/SSRPS/1626/019/13 dated 6 Sept, 2013 started in SSBTs COET Bambhori, Jalgaon (M.S.), India to increase the research activity in the institute. Also many thanks to the North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon and Shivaji University, Kolhapur for providing characterization facility.
- 21.Ali E 2010 Nanostructured conductive polymers (Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.) p 19Google Scholar
- 22.Hari Singh N 2001 Handbook of advanced electronic and photonic materials and devices (London, UK: Academic Press) p 1Google Scholar
- 23.Haines P J 1995 Thermal methods of analysis (London, UK: Springer Science)Google Scholar
- 25.Zulkhairi Z, Nurul F A H, Mubaraq H V S, Shafiqul Islam A K M, Uda H and Ahmad M N 2015 J. Nanomater. 2015 218204Google Scholar
- 27.Arora M and Gupta S K 2008 ICOPVS Google Scholar
- 28.Saini P, Arora M, Arya S K and Tawale J S 2014 Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 52 175Google Scholar
- 29.Agrawalla R K, Paul S, Sahoo P K, Chakraborty A K and Mitra A K 2015 J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 132 41692Google Scholar
- 31.Venkanna M, Sreeramulu V, Sivaprakash S, Caroline C and Dhanak V R 2015 J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 132 42766Google Scholar
- 33.Dortmund Data Bank. http://www.ddbst.com/en/EED/PCP/HCP_C4577.php
- 35.Kumar D and Chandra R 2001 Indian J. Eng. Mater. Sci. 8 209Google Scholar