Regulatory Fluctuation of WNT16 Gene Expression Is Associated with Human Gastric Adenocarcinoma
- 85 Downloads
Gastric cancer is one of the most serious and lethal kinds of cancer in the world. It is a multi-step, multi-factor, and elaborated process that is associated to gene abnormal expression. This study intended to investigate the WNT16 gene’s expression in human gastric tumor and the margin tissues of the stomach (normal tissues).
Correspondingly, 40 samples (20 tumoral tissues and 20 non tumoral or margins tissues) were investigated in Imam Khomeini Hospital in Sari City, Mazandaran Province, Iran. In this way, real-time PCR, Taqman assay was employed to evaluate the upregulation and downregulation of this gene in both tissues in triplicate form. The GAPDH gene was selected as housekeeping gene.
Conspicuously, the results have shown a remarkable modification in tumoral tissues, and the gene expression increased significantly in tumoral tissue.
Conclusively, the upregulation of WNTt16 gene expression in tumoral tissues was impressive and the P value was 0.005 and the SE range was 0.064–142.154.
KeywordsWNT16 Gene expression Gastric cancer Fluctuation
This work was the results of Seyedeh Elham Norollahi’s post graduation thesis in the Azad University of Babol Branch and also was confirmed ethically at the related department (1394.93). We appreciate Dr. Maryam Ghasemi in the Pathology Department of Mazandaran Medical Sciences University, Dr. Abbas Ghaheri in Surgery Department of Imam Khomeini Hospital in Sari, and also, all staffs of the Genetic and Biotechnology Research Center of Sari University.
SEN collected data, specimens and done molecular and technical experiments. LVL as a pathologist confirmed, controlled, and managed all the specimens and also all patients’ histopathological qualifications. MA, A R-P, and AAS accomplished the data quality control, investigated and optimized the informatics database, accomplished the statistical analyses and data processing, wrote the paper and evaluated it, did some other scientific activities including study design, project and protocol development, data analysis, and edited the article. All authors revised the manuscript carefully and gave their assistance in order to progress the article. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 2.Novin N, Shriar S, Hassan T, Akbar SA, Elham NS, Maryam P, et al. Histopathological investigation in gastric cancer. J Int Res Med Pharm Sci. 2016;8:2.Google Scholar
- 3.Samadani AA, Akhavan-Niaki H. Interaction of sonic hedgehog (SHH) pathway with cancer stem cell genes in gastric cancer. J Med Oncol. 2015;32(3):1–7.Google Scholar
- 5.Correa P. Homan gastric carcinogenesis: a multistep and multifactorial process—first American Cancer Society award lecture on cancer epidemiology and prevention. Cancer Res. 1992;52:6735–40.Google Scholar
- 6.Norollahi Seyade Elham, et al. The role of microRNA in cancer progression. Journal of clinical and experimental oncology, 2016.Google Scholar
- 7.Goldenring JR, Nam KT. Oxyntic atrophy, metaplasia, and gastric cancer. Dev Diff Dis. 2010;96:117–31.Google Scholar
- 12.Hosna Ara , Maki Takagishi and et al. Role of Daple in non-canonical WNT signaling during gastric cancer invasion and metastasis , J Cancer Sci, 2015.Google Scholar
- 13.Roles of WNT/β-catenin signaling in the gastric cancer stem cells proliferation and salinomycin treatment, 2014.Google Scholar
- 14.Expression of secreted WNT antagonists in gastrointestinal tissues: potential role in stem cell homeostasis, 2005.Google Scholar
- 15.Henry Todd , Gabriel L and et al. WNT16 is associated with age-related bone loss and estrogen withdrawal in murine bone , J Plos One, 2015.Google Scholar
- 18.Alam I, Alkhouli M, Gerard-O'Riley RL, Wright WB, Acton D, Gray AK, et al. Osteoblast-specific overexpression of human WNT16 increases both cortical and trabecular bone mass and structure in mice. Endocrinology. 157(2):722–36. https://doi.org/10.1210/en.2015-12812016.
- 19.Correa-Rodríguez M, Schmidt Rio-Valle J, Rueda-Medina B Polymorphisms of the WNT16 gene are associated with the heel ultrasound parameter in young adults Osteoporos IntMar;27(3):1057–1061. 2016.Google Scholar
- 21.Samadani AA, Nikbakhsh N, Fattahi S, Pourbagher R, SMA M, Kani NM. RNA extraction from animal and human’s cancerous tissues: does tissue matter? Int J Mol Cell Med. 2105;4(1):54.Google Scholar
- 22.Seyed Amin Norollahi, Parviz Kokhaee, Ali Rashidy-Pour, Vida Hojati, Seyedeh Elham Norollahi, Laleh Vahedi Larijani, Ali Akbar Samadani, Comparison of RNA extraction methods of breast and gastric cancer tissues, Crescent J Med Biol Sci (CJMB). 2018, In press.Google Scholar