On generators of C0-semigroups of composition operators
Avicou, Chalendar and Partington proved in 2015  that an (unbounded) operator Af = G·f' on the classical Hardy space generates a C0 semigroup of composition operators if and only if it generates a quasicontractive semigroup. Here we prove that if such an operator A generates a C0 semigroup, then it is automatically a semigroup of composition operators, so that the condition of quasicontractivity of the semigroup in the cited result is not necessary. Our result applies to a rather general class of Banach spaces of analytic functions in the unit disc.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Arendt, Ch. Batty, M. Hieber and F. Neubrander, Vector-valued Laplace transforms and Cauchy problems, Monographs in Mathematics, Vol. 96, Birkhäuser/Springer, Basel, 2011.Google Scholar
- W. Arendt and I. Chalendar, Generators of semigroups on Banach spaces inducing holomorphic semiflows, Israel Journal of Mathematics, to appear, arXiv:1803.06552v1.Google Scholar
- I. Arévalo, M. D. Contreras and L. Rodríguez-Piazza, Semigroups of composition operators and integral operators on mixed norm spaces, arXiv:1610.08784.Google Scholar
- K. J. Engel and R. Nagel, One-parameter Semigroups for Linear Evolution Equations, Graduate Text in Mathematics, Vol. 194, Springer, New York, 2000.Google Scholar
- M. Haase, The Functional Calculus for Sectorial Operators, Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, Vol. 169, Birkhäuser, Basel, 2006.Google Scholar
- V. É. Kacnel’son, A remark on canonical factorization in certain spaces of analytic functions. Investigations on linear operators and the theory of functions, III, Zapiski Naučnyh Seminarov Leningradskogo Otdelenija Matematičeskogo Instituta im. V. A. Steklova Akademii Nauk SSSR 30 (1972), 163–164; English translation: Journal of Soviet Mathematics 4 (1975), 444–445.Google Scholar