Existence of p-energy minimizers in homotopy classes and lifts of Newtonian maps
- 11 Downloads
We study the notion of p-quasihomotopy in Newtonian classes of mappings and link it to questions concerning lifts of Newtonian maps, under the assumption that the target space is nonpositively curved. Using this connection we prove that every p-quasihomotopy class of Newtonian maps contains a minimizer of the p-energy if the target has hyperbolic fundamental group.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. R. Bridson and A. Haefliger, Metric Spaces of Non-Positive Curvature, in Grundlehren der Mathematischen Wissenschaften, Vol. 319, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1999.Google Scholar
- N. Brodskiy, J. Dydak, B. Labuz, and A. Mitra, Covering maps for locally path-connected spaces, Fund. Math. 218 (2012), 13–46.Google Scholar
- P. Hajłasz, Sobolev spaces on metric-measure spaces, in Heat Kernels and Analysis onManifolds, Graphs, and Metric Spaces (Paris, 2002), Contemp. Math., Vol. 338, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2003, pp. 173–218.Google Scholar
- P. Hajłasz and P. Koskela, Sobolev met Poincaré, Mem. Amer.Math. Soc. 145 (2000).Google Scholar
- J. Jost, Generalized harmonic maps between metric spaces, in Geometric Analysis and the Calculus of Variations, International Press, Cambridge, MA, 1996, pp. 143–174.Google Scholar