Uniform distribution of subpolynomial functions along primes and applications
- 14 Downloads
Let H be a Hardy field (a field consisting of germs of real-valued functions at infinity that is closed under differentiation) and let f ∈ H be a subpolynomial function. Let P be the sequence of naturally ordered primes. We show that (f(n))n∈ℕ is uniformly distributed mod1 if and only if (f (p))p∈P is uniformly distributed mod 1. This result is then utilized to derive various ergodic and combinatorial statements which significantly generalize the results obtained in [BKMST].
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BMc]V. Bergelson and R. McCutcheon, An ergodic IP polynomial Szemerédi theorem, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. 146 (2000), no. 695.Google Scholar
- [Har2]G. H. Hardy, Orders of Infinity, 2nd edition, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1924.Google Scholar
- [Kar]A. A. Karatsuba, Basic Analytic Number Theory, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg, 1992.Google Scholar
- [Mo]H. L. Montgomery, Ten Lectures on the Interface Between Analytic Number Theory and Harmonic Analysis, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1994.Google Scholar
- [Vin]I. M. Vinogradov, The method of trigonometric sums in the theory of numbers, Izdat. “Nauka”, Moscow, 1971.Google Scholar