Single image super-resolution reconstruction using multiple dictionaries and improved iterative back-projection
- 14 Downloads
In order to improve the super-resolution reconstruction effect of the single image, a novel multiple dictionaries learning via support vector regression (SVR) and improved iterative back-projection (IBP) are proposed. To characterize the image structure, the low-frequency dictionary is constructed from the normalized brightness of low-frequency image patches in a discrete-cosine-transform (DCT) domain. Pixels determined by Gaussian weighting are added to the input vector to restore more high-frequency information when training the high-frequency image patch dictionary in the space domain. During post-processing, the improved IBP is employed to reduce regression errors each time. Experiment results show that the peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR)and structural similarity (SSIM) of the proposed method are enhanced by 1.6%–5.5% and 1.5%–13.1% compared with those of bicubic interpolation, and the proposed method visually outperforms several algorithms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Yang Qi, Zhang Yanzhu, Zhao Tiebiao and Chen Yangquan, ISA Transactions 82, 163 (2017).Google Scholar
- Wang Zhang-yang, Yang Ying-zhen, Wang Zhao-wen, Chang Shi-yu, Han Wei, Yang Jian-chao and Thomas S. Huang, Self-Tuned Deep Super Resolution, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops, 1 (2015).Google Scholar
- Radu Timofte, Vincent De Smet and Luc Van Gool, A+: Adjusted Anchored Neighborhood Regression for Fast Super-Resolution, Asian Conference on Computer Vision, 111 (2014).Google Scholar
- Wang Hong, Lu Fang-fang and Li Jian-wu, Journal of Image and Graphics 21, 986 (2016). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Liu Zhi-zhou, Dictionary Learning Based Super-Resolution Image Reconstruction, Xian University of Electronic Technology, 2011. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Chang Chih-chung and Lin Chih-jen, ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology 2, 27 (2011).Google Scholar