1 550 nm long-wavelength vertical-cavity surface emitting lasers
- 24 Downloads
A 1 550 nm long-wavelength vertical cavity surface emitting laser (VCSEL) on InP substrate is designed and fabricated. The transfer matrix is used to compute reflectivity spectrum of the designed epitaxial layers. The epitaxial layers mainly consist of 40 pairs of n-AlxGayIn(1−x−y)As/InP, and 6 strain compensated AlxGayIn(1−x−y)As/InP quantum wells on n-InP substrate, respectively. The top distributed Bragg reflection (DBR) mirror system has been formed by fabricating 4.5 pairs of SiO2/Si. The designed cavity mode is around 1 536 nm. The dip of the fabricated cavity mode is around 1 530 nm. The threshold current is 30 mA and the maximum output power is around 270 μW under CW operation at room temperature.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Su Y M, Yu L J, Guo X, Zhang X, Liu J G and Zhu N H, Journal of Semiconductors 38, 9 (2017).Google Scholar
- H Y. Kao, C T. Tsai, C Y. Pong, Sh F. Liang, Z K. Weng, Y Ch. Chi, H Ch. Kuo, J J. Huang, T Ch. Lee, Ti T Shih, J J. Jou, W H. Cheng, Ch-H Wu and G R. Lin, Few-Mode 850nm VCSEL Chip with Direct 16-QAM OFDM Encoding at 80-Gbit/s for 100-m OM4 MMF Link, Optical Fiber Communications Conference, Th2A.38 (2017).Google Scholar
- Y. Huang, X. Zhang and J. Zhang, IEEE Photonics Journal 9, 4 (2017).Google Scholar
- Y. Feng, P. Liu and D. Feng, High-speed Oxidation-confined 850nm VCSELs, IEEE International Conference on Optoelectronics and Microelectronics, 389 (2016).Google Scholar
- T. Fang, B. Cui and S. Hao, Journal of Semiconductors 39, 2 (2018).Google Scholar
- M. Born and E. Wolf, Principles of Optics, 6th edn, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1989.Google Scholar
- Dan Y, Levi M and Karni Y, Facet Engineering of High Power Single Emitters, Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, 7918 (2011).Google Scholar