Application of response surface method for optimal transfer conditions of multi-layer ceramic capacitor alignment system
- 78 Downloads
The multi-layer ceramic capacitor (MLCC) alignment system aims at the inter-process automation between the first and the second plastic processes. As a result of testing performance verification of MLCC alignment system, the average alignment rates are 95% for 3216 chip, 88.5% for 2012 chip and 90.8% for 3818 chip. The MLCC alignment system can be accepted for practical use because the average manual alignment is just 80%. In other words, the developed MLCC alignment system has been upgraded to a great extent, compared with manual alignment. Based on the successfully developed MLCC alignment system, the optimal transfer conditions have been explored by using RSM. The simulations using ADAMS® has been performed according to the cube model of CCD. By using MiniTAB®, the model of response surface has been established based on the simulation results. The optimal conditions resulted from the response optimization tool of MiniTAB® has been verified by being assigned to the prototype of MLCC alignment system.
Key wordsmulti-layer ceramic capacitor (MLCC) alignment system response surface method (RSM) MiniTAB® ADAMS®
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- KIM K H, OH S R, RHIM S S. Fiducial mark recognition algorithm and stage control for MLCC alignment [J]. Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2008: 215–217.Google Scholar
- SHIN O C, JUNG S R, JUNG S H, KIM S I, JUNG W J, KIM J M. Development of chip align automation system for second firing of multi-layer ceramic capacitor [J]. Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, 2009, 6: 225–228.Google Scholar
- SONG C G, JO B G. MSC.ADAMS for multibody dynamics analysis [R]. 2007.Google Scholar
- KIM W C, KIM J J, PARK B W, PARK S H, PARK T S, SONG M S, LEE S Y, LEE Y J, JEON J W, CHO S S. Introduction to Statistics [R]. 2005: 309–356.Google Scholar
- MYERS R H, MONTGOMERY D C. Response surface methodology [M]. New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 1995: 77–112.Google Scholar
- LEE S B. Minitab user handbook [M]. Korea: Eretec, 2002: 34–71.Google Scholar
- LEE S H. Engineering data analysis with statistics taken to MiniTAB [R]. 2006: 627–675.Google Scholar
- JUNG D W, CHUNG W J, KIM H C, BANG Y M, YOON Y M. Six sigma robust design of fork park for LCD transfer system [C]// World-Multi Conference on Systemics, and Cybernetics, Informatics. Orlando, Florida, USA, 2006: 347–352.Google Scholar