Pneumatic resistance network analysis and dimension optimization of high pressure electronic pneumatic pressure reducing valve
- 124 Downloads
The structure and working principle of a self-deigned high pressure electronic pneumatic pressure reducing valve (EPPRV) with slide pilot are introduced. The resistance value formulas and the relationship between the resistance and pressure of three typical pneumatic resistances are obtained. Then, the method of static characteristics analysis only considering pneumatic resistances is proposed, the resistance network from gas supply to load is built up, and the mathematical model is derived from the flow rate formulas and flow conservation equations, with the compressibility of high pressure gas and temperature drop during the expansion considered in the model. Finally, the pilot spool displacement of 1.5 mm at an output pressure of 15 MPa and the enlarging operating stroke of the pilot spool are taken as optimization targets, and the optimization is carried out based on genetic algorithm and the model mentioned above. The results show that the static characteristics of the EPPRV are significantly improved. The idea of static characteristics analysis and optimization based on pneumatic resistance network is valuable for the design of pneumatic components or system.
Key wordshigh pressure pressure reducing valve pneumatic resistance dimension optimization genetic algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- IDELCHIK I E, FRIED E. Handbook of hydraulic resistance [M]. 2nd ed. New York: Hemisphere Publishing House, 1986: 8–20.Google Scholar
- BACHÉ W. Systematics of hydraulic resistance circuit [M]. ZHOU Wen, Transl. Beijing: China Machine Press, 1980: 1–4. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HU Yan-ping, PENG You-duo, WU Gen-mao. Systematics of hydraulic resistance [M]. Beijing: China Machine Press, 2003: 20–26. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LU Yong-xiang, HU Da-hong. Electro-hydraulic proportional control technology [M]. Beijing: China Machine Press, 1988: 62–85. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HU Yan-ping, WEI Jian-hua, GUO Ying-fu, LIU De-shun. The theory and application of bridge hydraulic resistance networks [J]. Transaction of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, 1999, 9(1): 202–206.Google Scholar
- XUE Zhi. Pneumatic resistance and capacitance as well as their application [J]. Taiguo Science and Technology, 1991, 2: 47–49, 57. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LIU Ming-wei, ZHANG Liang-feng, SONG Jing-qi, FU Chang-e, ZHAO Guang-qiang. Application of pneumatic capacity pneumatic inductance and pneumatic resistance on pneumatic peeling-off [J]. Chinese Hydraulic & Pneumatics, 2006, 6: 14–15. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XU Zhi-peng, WANG Xuan-yin, PI Yang-jun. Numerical simulation of PPRV based on pneumatic bridge networks [C]// Proceeding of the Fifth Fluid Power Transmission and Control. Qinhuangdao: International Academic Publishers Ltd., 2007: 961–964.Google Scholar
- WANG Xuan-yin, CHEN Yi-ze, LIU Rong, LIANG Dong-tai. Mechanics and simulation of pneumatic proportional extra-high pressure valve [J]. Journal of Zhejiang University: Engineering Science, 2005, 39(5): 614–617. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CAROLOS M F, PETER F J. Genetic algorithms for multiobjective optimization: Formulation discussion and generalization [C]// Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Genetic Algorithms. San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc, 1993: 416–423.Google Scholar
- YAO D, BURTON R, NIKIFORUK, NIKIFORUK P, UKRAINETZ P. Research and development of a direct pressure sensing relief valve [C]// Proceeding of the 4th International Conference on Fluid Power Transmission and Control. Beijing: International Academic Publishers Ltd., 1997: 150–155.Google Scholar
- SORLI M, FIGLIOLIN G, PASTORELLI S. Dynamic model and experimental investigation of a pneumatic proportional pressure valve [J]. Mechatronics, 2004, 9(1): 78–86.Google Scholar
- WIKIPEDIA. Compressibility factor [EB/OL]. [2010-01-10]. https://doi.org/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressibility_factor.