Optimal design of FRMSM to decrease detent force
- 51 Downloads
An optimal configuration of the flux-reversal linear synchronous motor (FRLSM) with the optimal number of attachment permanent magnets (PMs) was presented. The optimal model of 2 000 N was designed to reduce the detent force by redesigning the air-gap structure and skewing. The design parameters, mover PMs and stator core, were selected for optimal design by DOE. The thrust and the detent force of the designed optimal models were compared by finite element analysis (FEA). As a result, the thrust of the optimal model is slightly decreased by 1.97% compared with the basic model, and the detent force of the optimal model is greatly decreased by 88.47% compared with the basic model.
Key wordsflux-reversal linear synchronous motor detent force thrust design of experiment skew and overhang
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- RADWAN T S, RAHMAN M A, OSHEIBA A M, LASHINE A E. Dynamic analysis of a high performance permanent magnet synchronous motor drive [C]// Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering. Calgary, 1996: 611–614.Google Scholar
- EBIHARA D, KIM H J, KAWAMOTO Y, TORII S, WATADA M. Study of the transport system with PM type LSM [C]// Annual Conference of IEEE Industry Applications Society. Toronto: 1993: 53–56.Google Scholar
- HENDERSHOT J R Jr, MILLER T J E. Design of brushless permanent-magnet motor [M]. Oxford: Magna Physics Publishing and Clarendon Press, 1994: 1–26.Google Scholar
- LEE Dong-Yeup, KIM Gyu-Tak, CHOI Jung-Keying. The design for high power density in the slotless type permanent magnet linear synchronous motor [C]// INTERMAG 2. Japan: Nagoya Congress Center, 2005: 653–654.Google Scholar
- JULIEN G, GHISLAIN R, ABDELMOUNAIM T, BARRE P J, HAUTIER J P. Impact of permanent magnet field on inductance variation of a PMLSM [J]. IEEE Trans Power Electronics and Application, 2007, 10: 1–9.Google Scholar
- CHUNG Shi-Uk, KANG Do-Hyun, CHANG Jung-Hwan, KIM Ji-Won, LEE Ji-Young. New configuration of flux reversal linear synchronous motor [C]// International Conference on Electrical Machines and System. Seoul, Korea, 2007: 864–867.Google Scholar
- SANADA S M, MORMOTO S, TAKEDA Y. Performance analysis of permanent magnet linear synchronous motors for wide constant power operation [J]. Electro Motion, 1996, 3(1): 13–16.Google Scholar