Modularized dry coal beneficiation technique based on gas-solid fluidized bed
- 196 Downloads
A 40–60 t/h modularized dry coal beneficiation process with a novel method to control the bed was designed around a gas-solid fluidized bed separator. Furthermore, the hydrodynamics of medium-solids consisting of wide-size-range magnetite powder (0.3–0.06 mm) and <1 mm fine coal were numerically studied. The simulation results show that the fluidization performance of the wide-size-range medium-solid bed is good. The separation performance of the modularized system was then investigated in detail using a mixture of <0.3 mm magnetite powder (mass fraction of 0.3–0.06 mm particles is 91.38 %) and <1 mm fine coal as solid media. The experimental results show that at separation densities of 1.33 g/cm3 or 1.61 g/cm3, 50–6 mm coal can be separated effectively with probable error, E, values of 0.05 g/cm3 and 0.06 g/cm3, respectively. This technique is beneficial for saving water resources and for the clean utilization of coal.
Key wordsdry coal beneficiation modularization gas-solid fluidized bed wide-size-range medium-solids
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- FRASER T, YANCEY H F. Process of separating loosely-mixed materials. US 1534846 [P]. 1925-04-21.Google Scholar
- YOUROVSKY A Z, GOROSHKO V D, KORSHUNOV V I, REMESNIKOV I D. New dry processes for coal preparation—magnetic, aero-suspension, radiometric [C]// Proceedings of 4th International Coal Preparation Congress. Harrogate, Yorkshire, 1962: 403–411.Google Scholar
- DOUGLAS E, JOY A S, WALSH T, WHITEHEAD A. Development of equipment for the dry concentration of minerals [J]. Filtration and Separation, 1972, 9: 532–538, 544.Google Scholar
- TANAKA Z, OSHITANI J, KUBO Y, ZUSHI T. Dry coal cleaning in Drewboy bath type by dry heavy medium [C]// Proceedings of First International Symposium on Dry Coal Cleaning, Clean Coal Technology. Xuzhou: China University of Mining and Technology Press, 2002: 73–78.Google Scholar
- van HOUWELINGEN J A, de JONG T P R. Dry cleaning of coal: review, fundamentals and opportunities [J]. Geologica Belgica, 2004, 7(3/4): 335–343.Google Scholar
- WEITKAEMPER L, WOTRUBA H, WEITKAEMPER L, WOTRUBA H. Effective dry density beneficiation of fine coal using a new developed fluidized bed separator [C]// Proceedings of 16th International Coal Preparation Congress. Littleton: Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration, 2010: 587–595.Google Scholar
- ZHAO Yue-min, LUO Zhen-fu, CHEN Zeng-qiang, TANG Li-gang, WANG Hai-feng, XING Hong-bo. The effect of feed-coal particle size on the separating characteristics of a gas-solid fluidized bed [J]. Journal of the South Africa Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, 2010, 110(5): 219–224.Google Scholar
- LUO Zhen-fu, ZUO Wei, TANG Li-gang, ZHAO Yue-min, FAN Mao-ming. Preparation of solid medium for use in separation with gas-solid fluidized beds [J]. Mining Science and Technology, 2010, 20(5): 743–746.Google Scholar
- ZHAO Yue-min, TANG Li-gang, LUO Zhen-fu, LIANG Chun-cheng, XING Hong-bo, WU Wan-chang, DUAN Chen-long. Experimental and numerical simulation studies of the fluidization characteristics of a separating gas-solid fluidized bed [J]. Fuel Processing Technology, 2010, 91(12): 1819–1825.CrossRefGoogle Scholar