Technological conditions and kinetics of leaching copper from complex copper oxide ore
- 449 Downloads
The kinetic behavior of leaching copper from low grade copper oxide ore was investigated. The effects of leaching temperature, H2SO4 concentration, particle size of crude ore and agitation rate on the leaching efficiency of copper were also evaluated. And the kinetic equations of the leaching process were obtained. The results show that the leaching process can be described with a reaction model of shrinking core. The reaction can be divided into three stages. The first stage is the dissolution of free copper oxide and copper oxide wrapped by hematite-limonite ore. At this stage, the leaching efficiency is very fast (leaching efficiency is larger than 60%). The second stage is the leaching of diffluent copper oxides, whose apparent activation energy is 43.26 kJ/mol. During this process, the chemical reaction is the control step, and the reaction order of H2SO4 is 0.433 84. The third stage is the leaching of copper oxide wrapped by hematite-limonite and silicate ore with apparent activation energy of 16.08 kJ/mol, which belongs to the mixed control.
Key wordscopper oxide ore H2SO4 leaching kinetics activation energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LIU Da-xing. The development and forecast of copper hydrometallurgical process[J]. Non-Ferrous Metals Recycling and Utilization, 2005, 54(7): 37–39. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- MASAHARU M, NORIHARU A. Potential for phytoextraction of copper, lead, and zinc by rice[J]. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2009, 162(6): 1185–1192.Google Scholar
- FU Cong-sui. Nonferrous metallurgical principle[M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 1993. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- JIANG Han-ying. Physical chemistry of hydrometallurgy process[M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 1984. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- RAJKO Z V, NATASĂ V, KAMBEROVIC Z. Leaching of copper(I) sulphide by sulphuric acid solution with addition of sodium nitrate[J]. Hydrometallurgy, 2003, 70(3): 143–151.Google Scholar
- HU Tian-jue, ZENG Guang-ming, YUAN Xing-zhong. Leaching kinetics of silver extracted by thiourea from residue in hydrometallurgy of zinc[J]. The Chinese Journal of Nonferrous Metals, 2001, 11(5): 933–937. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIA Zhi-hua, TANG Mo-tang, LI Shi-qing, LUO Yan, TANG Chao-bo. A study on the kinetics of leaching the residues from the neutral leaching process with high concentration of sulfuric acid at high temperature[J]. Mining and Metallurgical Engineering, 2005, 25(2): 53–57. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIE Ke-qiang, YANG Xian-wan, WANG Ji-kun, YAN Jiang-feng, SHEN Qing-feng. Kinetic study of iron on pressure leaching marmatite[J]. China Nonferrous Metallurgy, 2007, 36(2): 37–40. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- MO Ding-cheng. Metallurgy dynamics[M]. Changsha: Central South University of Technology Press, 1988: 293–301. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LI Hong-gui. Hydrometallurgy[M]. Changsha: Central South University Press, 2002. (in Chinese)Google Scholar