Effect of doping Bi on oxygen evolution potential and corrosion behavior of Pb-based anode in zinc electrowinning
- 112 Downloads
A new anodic material of ternary Pb-0.8%Ag-(0–5.0%)Bi alloy for zinc electrowinning was obtained by doping Bi. The anodic oxygen evolution potential, corrosion rate, surface products after polarization, and microstructures before and after polarization were studied and compared with those of Pb-0.8%Ag anode used in industry. The results show the anodic overpotential decreases with the increase of Bi content in the alloys. When the content of Bi is 1.0% (mass fraction), the anodic overpotential is 40–50 mV lower than that of Pb-0.8%Ag anode. While the corrosion rate decreases and then increases with the increase of Bi content. The Pb-0.8%Ag-0.1%Bi anode has the lowest corrosion rate (0.090 6 mg/(h·cm2). Doping Bi influences the structure of the anodic layer, but does not change the phase. The Pb-0.8%Ag-1.0%Bi anode layer is of a more fine-grained structure compared with Pb-0.8%Ag anode.
Key wordsPb-Ag anode doping Bi zinc electrowinning oxygen evolution potential corrosion rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- WANG Yan-jun, XIE Gang, YANG Da-jin, LI Yong-jia, XIAO Ting-man. Analysis on decreasing of direct current power consumption in zinc electrowinning [J]. Hydrometallurgy of China, 2005, 24(4): 208–211. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- PFNG Gen-fang. Analyses and optimization exploration of D.C. consumption in zinc electrowinning [J]. Energy Saving of Non-ferrous Metallurgy, 2003, 20(2): 17–20. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHONG Shui-ping, LAI Yan-qing, JIANG Liang-xing. Research development of new anode and techniques for zinc electrowinning [J]. Materials Review, 2008, 22(2): 86–89. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- JIN Bing-Jie, YANG Xian-wan. Application of gas diffusion anode for zinc hydrometallurgy [J]. Yunnan Metallurgy, 2007, 36(3): 37–39. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- SU Yi, JIN Zuo-mei, DAI Zu-yuan. SO2 anodic reaction kinetics in zinc electrowinning [J]. The Chinese Journal of Nonferrous Metals, 2001, 11(3): 495–498. (in Chinese)Google Scholar