Preparation and sintering of nano Fe coated Si3N4 composite powders
- 81 Downloads
Fe/Si3N4 composite powder was synthesized by the heterogeneous precipitation-thermal reduction process, and then pressed into flakes under a pressure of 10 MPa. Flakes were sintered by pressureless and hot-pressing at 1 600 °C under 0.1 MPa N2. The chemical composition, phases and microstructure of composite powder and sintered flakes were investigated by energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS), X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The results show that the structure of composite powders is Si3N4 coated by nano Fe. The crystal phases of sintered flakes by pressureless are Fe(Si) compound, SiC and Si3N4. The crystal phases of the sintered samples by hot-pressing are Fe, Fe(Si) compound and Si3N4. It is found that crystal phases flakes obtained by pressureless and hot-pressing are very different.
Key wordsFe Si3N4 coating heterogeneous precipitation sintering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- SHI Xiao-liang, YANG Hua, SHAO Gang-qin, DUAD Xing-long, XIONG Zheng. Microwave sintering of Al2O3/WC-10Co/ZrO2/Ni cermets [J]. Journal of Central South University: Science and Technology, 2007, 38(4): 623–628. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YIN Rui-ming, LIU Xun, FAN Jing-lian, LING Guo-liang. Hot pressing densification process for nano Ni-Al2O3 powders [J]. Journal of Central South University: Science and Technology, 2004, 35(1): 21–25. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- MATHUR S, SHEN H, ALTMAYER J. Nanostructured functional ceramic coatings prepared by molecule-based chemical vapor deposition [J]. Reviews on Advanced Materials Science, 2007, 15(1): 16–23.Google Scholar
- CHEN Dong, LI Dong-hong, SHEN Xiang-qian, JING Mao-xiang. The preparation of nano iron-graphite composite microspheres [J]. Mining and Metallurgical Engineering, 2006, 26(5): 75–78. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- SWAIN M V. Structure and properties of ceramics [M]. New York: Materials Science and Technology Press, 1998.Google Scholar
- ZHU Hong-tao. Hydraulic and pneumatic transmission [M]. Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 2005.Google Scholar