Cavity 3D modeling and correlative techniques based on cavity monitoring
- 176 Downloads
According to the mining method for Dongguashan Copper Mine and Tongkeng Mine in China, and with the help of the cavity monitoring system(CMS) and mining software Surpac, the 3D cavity models were established exactly. A series of correlative techniques for calculating stope over-excavation and under-excavation, stope dilution and ore loss rates, and the blasting design of the pillar with complicated irregular boundaries were developed. These techniques were applied in Dongguashan Copper Mine and Tongkeng Mine successfully. Using these techniques, the dilution rates of stopes 52-2#, 52-6#, 52-8# and 52-10# of Dongguashan Copper Mine are calculated to be 2.12%, 8.46%, 12.67% and 10.68%, respectively, and the ore loss rates of stopes 52-6# and 52-8# are 4.41% and 3.70%, severally. Furthermore, according to the design accomplished by the technique for a pillar of Tongkeng Mine with irregular boundary, the volume, total length of boreholes and the dynamite quantity of the pillar are computed to be 1.2 × 104 m3, 2.98 km and 10.97 t, correspondingly.
Key wordscavity 3D modeling cavity monitoring system stope dilution loss rate pillar blasting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LUO Zhou-quan, YANG Biao, LIU Xiao-ming. Research on CMS-aided blast design for ore pillar extraction [J]. Metal Mine, 2007(3): 15–17. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LIU Jing-hua, WANG Zhu-wen, ZHU Shi, WENG Ai-hua, XIA An-ying. The geophysical exploration about exhausted area and sinking area in coal mine [J]. Journal of China Coal Society, 2005, 30(6): 715–719. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Optech System Corporation. Cavity monitoring system wireless user manual [M]. Toronto: Optech System Corporation, 2004.Google Scholar
- GERMAIN P, HADJIGEORGIOU J. Influence of stope geometry and blasting patterns on recorded overbreak [J]. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 1997, 34(3): 115–126.Google Scholar
- LIU Xiao-ming, LUO Zhou-quan, YANG Cheng-xiang. Analysis of stability of cavity based on cavity monitoring [J]. Rock and Soil Mechanics, 2007, 28(S): 521–526.Google Scholar
- LI Xi-bing, LI Di-yuan, ZHAO Guo-yan, ZHOU Zi-long, GONG Feng-qiang. Detecting, disposal and safety evaluation of the underground goal in metal mines [J]. Journal of Mining and Safety Engineering, 2006, 23(1): 24–29. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHEN Jian-hong, ZHOU Zhi-yong, CHEN Gang, GU De-sheng. Automatic formation method of prospecting line profile map based on drill hole database [J]. Journal of Central South University of Technology: Science and Technology, 2005, 36(3): 486–491. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- FANG Yuan-min, DENG Jin-can, MI Hong-yan. Construction and visualization of 3D vacant place model [J]. Journal of Central South University of Technology, 2005, 15(S1): 61–64.Google Scholar
- JAROSZ A P, SHEPHERD L. Open stope cavity monitoring for the control of dilution and ore loss [J]. Mining Engineering, 1998(8): 63–67.Google Scholar