Separation of aluminosilicates and diaspore from diasporic-bauxite by selective flocculation
- 92 Downloads
The flocculation tests of four pure minerals (diaspore, kaolinite, illite, pyrophyllite) and bauxite ore were investigated by the sedimentation. The dispersion behavior of the four pure minerals shows a very good consistency with the variation of zeta potential. The concentrate with the mass ratio of Al2O3 to SiO2 (m(Al2O3)/m(SiO2)) 8.90 and the recovery of Al2O3 86.98% is obtained from bauxite ore (m(Al2O3)/m(SiO2)=5.68) in pH range of 9.5–10.0 by using sodium carbonate (5 kg/t) and sodium polyacrylate (7 g/t) as dispersant and flocculant respectively. Sodium carbonate acts as both pH modifier and favorable dispersant for aluminosilicates. The high performance of sodium polyacrylate on flocculation for diaspore is contributed to the carboxyl of sodium polyacrylate that interacts with active Al sites on diaspore by chemical absorption, and the hydrogen bond effects between hydroxyl group of macromolecule and surface Al-OH on diaspore to accelerate the sedimentation of diaspore.
Key wordsdiasporic-bauxite sodium carbonate sodium polyacrylate ratio of Al2O3 to SiO2 selective flocculation flocculant dispersant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CHEN Wan-kun, PENG Guan-cai. The digestion technology of diasporic bauxite [M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 1997. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- FAN Xiao-hui, LI Guang-hui, JIANG Tao, QIU Guan-zhou. Sintering properties of high iron gibbsite-type bauxite ores [J]. Metal Mine, 2002(7): 16–18. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HU Yue-hua, WANG Yu-hua, WANG Dian-zuo. Flotation chemistry of aluminum and silicate and desilication of bauxite [M]. Beijing: Science Press, 2004. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HU Yue-hua, JIANG Hao, QIU Guan-zhou, WANG Dian-zuo. Solution chemistry of flotation separation of disporic bauxite [J]. The Chinese Journal of Nonferrous Metals, 2001, 11(1): 125–130. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HUANG Chuan-bing, WANG Yu-hua, CHEN Xing-hua, LAN Ye, HU Ye-min, YU Fu-shun. Review of research on desilication of bauxite ores by reverse flotation [J]. Metal Mine, 2005(6): 21–24. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HUANG Chuan-bing, WANG Yu-hua, LAN Ye. Mechanism of selective flocculation separation of diasporic bauxite with organic flocculant HSPA [J]. The Chinese Journal of Nonferrous Metals, 2006, 16(7): 1250–1256. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- KLEIN WOLTERINK J, KOOPAL L K, COHEN STUART M A, van RIEMSDIJ W H. Surface charge regulation upon polyelectrolyte adsorption, hematite, polystyrene sulfonate, surface charge regulation: Theoretical calculations and hematite-poly(styrene sulfonate) system [J]. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 2006, 291/300(1/3): 13–23.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- WANG Yu-hua, HU Yue-hua, HE Ping-bo, GU Guo-hua. Test research on selective desliming of bauxite [J]. Metal Mine, 2004(4): 38–40. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIA Xiao-hong, LI Guo-xi, KUANG Ya-fei, LIU Guo-gen. The ESR investigation on adsorption behaviour of sodium polyacrylate at Al2O3/water interface [J]. Ion Exchange and Adsorption, 2003, 19(2): 127–132. (in Chinese)Google Scholar