Particle interaction analysis and rheological evaluation for metal powder injection molding feedstock
- 68 Downloads
By introducing the lattice model, the relationships among interaction energy and particle size and solid loading in the metal powder injection molding(MIM) feedstock were established. With the help of interaction energy relationships, the interactions between the particles and the binder polymer in the Fe-Ni-PW-PE MIM feedstock system were analysed. According to the theoretical study and rheological experimental investigation, the relationship between the shear stress and the shear rate was determined. The microstructure of the Fe-Ni-PW-PE MIM feedstock was observed by scanning electron microscopy. The uniform microstructure is obtained.
Key wordsMIM feedstock interaction energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- PEASE L F. A-perspective on the markets and technology for injection molded metal powder and ceramic parts [J]. International Journal of Powder Metallurgy, 1986, 28: 459–461.Google Scholar
- GERMAN R M. Powder injection molding [M]. Princeton, NJ: Powder Industries Federation, 1997: 1–10.Google Scholar
- LIANG Shu-quan, HUANG Bai-yun, Advances in powder injection molding [C]//Proceedings of International Conference on Engineering and Technology Science, Beijing: New World Press, 2000, 2: 1206–1210.Google Scholar
- GERMAM R M. Powder injection molding application to new materials [J]. Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials, 1998, 2: 1363–1376.Google Scholar
- QIU Guan-zhou, HU Yue-hua, WANG Dian-zuo. Interaction effect between particles and particle floatation [M]. Changsha: Central South University of Technology Press, 1993. (in Chinese)Google Scholar