Multi-scale rheological perspective to polymer solutions and gels in EOR
- 106 Downloads
Polymer flooding for enhanced oil recovery (EOR), especially using polyacrylamide (PAM) based systems, gradually became the largest non-Newtonian fluid process of economic significance. Yet, the mechanistic understanding lags behind. In this paper, the relations of structures — rheological properties — EOR applications were reviewed and some recent laboratory studies on associated PAM and PAM soft gels were introduced. The multi scale understanding of polymer rheology was found to be an essential factor for future developments.
Key wordsrheology enhanced oil recovery polyacrylamide hydrophobic association weak gel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- YANG C Z. Increase Oil Recovery Using Chemical Flooding[M]. Beijing: Petroleum Industry Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- ZHANG J C. Tertiary Oil Recovery[M]. Beijing: Petroleum Industry Press, 1995.Google Scholar
- SHEN P P, YU J Y. The Basic Researches on Enhancing Petroleum Recovery[M]. Beijing: Petroleum Industry Press, 2004.Google Scholar
- SUN H Q, ZHANG Y G, CAO X L. Polymer Flooding Technology[M]. Dongying: Petroleum University Press, 2002Google Scholar
- XIA Hui-fen, WANG De-min, WU Jun-zheng, et al. Elasticity of HPAM solutions increases displacement efficiency under mixed wettability conditions[R]. SPE 88456, 2004: 108.Google Scholar
- FERNANDO R H, GLASS J E. Extensional Viscosity Correction with Mobility Control Buffer Flow Behavior in Berea cores[R]. SPE 13584, 1985.Google Scholar
- HAN X Q. Viscoelastic behavior of polymer molecules retained in porous media[J]. Erdoel Erdgas Kohle, 1990, 106(10): 393–398.Google Scholar
- XU Y Z. Shengli Oil Field on polymer application on EOR[R]. Dongying, 2003.Google Scholar
- LUO W L, WU Z L, NIU Y B. New development in colloidal dispersion gel[J]. Oilfield Chemistry, 1999, 16(2): 188–193.Google Scholar
- ZHANG Y F. Development in weak gel oil-displacing system[J]. Advances in Fine Petrochemicals, 2003, 4(6): 45–48.Google Scholar
- YANG J M, CAO X L, ZHANG K L, et al. Monte Carlo simulation of the gelation process of aqueous polymer weak gel[J]. Chemical Journal of Chinese Universities, 2006, 27(3): 579–582.Google Scholar