Synthesis of calixarenes and their extraction performance for ester catechins
- 71 Downloads
A series of extractants (tert-butylcalixarene, tert-butylcalixarene and octeacetate of tert-butylcalixarene) were synthesized, and their structures were identified by IR and 1H-NMR. The distribution behavior of ester catechins monomer in the aqueous and chloroform two-phase system containing one of calixarene was studied. The influences of different extractants, concentration of tert-butylcalixarene and extraction temperature on the partition coefficients and the separation factors were investigated. The experiment results show that tert-butylcalixarene is the best extractant that forms a more stable supramolecular compound with gallocatechin gallate (GCG) than with epigallocathechin gallate (EGCG) or epicatechin gallate (ECG). When the concentration of p-tert-butylcalixarene is 3.79 mmol/L, the extraction temperature is 4 °C, the partition coefficients of KGCG, KECG, KEGCG are 0.987, 0.629, 0.449, the separation factors of a1 and a2 are 1.450 and 1.596, respectively. The important factors influencing the extraction properties of calixarene are discovered to be its cavity size and hydrogen bonding.
Key wordscalixarene synthesis ester catechin monomer extraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LIU Yu, YANG En-cui, CHEN Yong, et al. Molecular selective binding of pyridinium guest ions by water-soluble calixarenas eur[J]. J Org Chem, 2005, 21: 4581–4588.Google Scholar
- SAIJIO R. Isolation and chemical structure of two new catechins[J]. Nippon Kaishi Nigeikagaku, 1989, 63(4): 870–880.Google Scholar
- CAO Xue-li, TIAN Yu, ZHANG Tian-you. Preparation of ester catechins monomer by high-speed counter current chromatography: CN, 99109031.4[P]. 2000-12-20. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHONG Shi-an, ZHOU Chun-shan, YANG Juan-yu. Separation and preparation of ester catechins by high performance liquid chromatography[J]. Chemical World, 2003(5): 237–249. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YI Jian-min, LI Bao-rong, TANG Ke-wen, et al. Extraction of ester catechins with gallate ester[J]. J Cent South Univ: Science and Technology, 2006, 37(6): 1127–1131. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- TANG Ke-wen, ZHOU Chun-shan, ZHONG Shi-an, et al. Study on adsorption of tea polyphenol and caffine with polyamide resin[J]. Chinese J Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis, 2003, 23(1): 143–145. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- SHINKAI S. Bioorganic Chemistry Fronties 1[M]. DUGAS H. Berlin: Springer-Verlag Heidelberg, 1990.Google Scholar