New multicast scheme based on dynamic mobility prediction in mobile IPv6 environment
- 27 Downloads
A new mobile multicast scheme called mobility prediction based mobile multicast(MPBMM) was proposed. In MPBMM, when a mobile node (MN) roams among subnets during a multicast session, MN predicts the next subnet, to which MN will attach, by the information of its position and mobility speed, consequently speeds up the handoff procedure. Simulation results show that the proposed scheme can minimize the loss of multicast packets, reduce the delay of subnet handoff, decrease the frequency of multicast tree reconfiguration, and optimize the delivery path of multicast packets. When MN moves among subnets at different speeds (from 5 to 25 m/s), the maximum loss ratio of multicast packets is less than0.2%, the maximum inter-arrival time of multicast packets is 117 ms, so the proposed scheme can meet the QoS requirements of real-time services. In addition, MPBMM can support the mobility of multicast source.
Key wordsmobile multicast mobile IPv6 hierarchical structure dynamic mobility prediction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BEGAIN K A, CAO Y W, ALAMEH K. A DBT-based mobile multicast protocol[C]// Proceedings of the 2005 Systems Communications (ICW’05). Montreal: IEEE, 2005: 255–260.Google Scholar
- HUANG Guo-sheng, CHEN Zhi-gang, ZHAO Ming, et al. A mobility prediction based hierarchical mobile multicast protocol[J]. Computer Engineering and Applications, 2006, 15: 26–29. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- JOHNSON D B, PERKINS C, ARKKO J. Mobility Support in IPv6[R]. IETF, RFC3775. 2004: 114–115.Google Scholar
- HARRISON T G, WILLIAMSON C L, MACKRELL W L, et al. Mobile multicast (MoM) protocol: Multicast support for mobile hosts[C]// ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM). Budapest: ACM, 1997: 151–160.Google Scholar
- SOLIMAN H, CASTELLUCCIA C, MALKI K E, et al. Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Mobility Management[R]. IETF, RFC4140. 2005: 1–30.Google Scholar
- WANG Jian-xin, DENG Shu-guang, CHEN Song-qiao, et al. A new routing protocol based on mobility prediction in mobile Ad Hoc wireless networks[J]. High Technology Letters, 2002, 3(4): 263–267. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHUANG Hong-cheng, ZHANG Guang-zhao. Mobile IP predictive mobility management[J]. Journal of Circuits and Systems, 2002, 7(2): 77–82. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HUANG Guo-sheng. Analysis and Improvement of Mobile IP[D]. Changsha: Central South University, 2001. (in Chinese)Google Scholar