Effect of technological parameters on optical performance of fiber coupler
- 40 Downloads
To find out the influence of technological parameters on optical performance of fused optical fiber device, the fiber coupler was served as subject investigated by using the fused biconical taper machining as experimental setup. Fused fiber coupler’s optical performances such as insertion loss, excess loss, directivity and uniformity were tested with the optical test system that was constituted of tunable laser and optical spectrum analyzer. Especially the relationship between optical performance and drawing speed was investigated. The experimental results show that the optical performance is closely related to process conditions. At fused temperature of 1 200 °C, there exists a drawing speed of 150 μm/s, which makes the device’s performance optimum. Out of this speed region, the optical performance drops quickly. At drawing speed of 200 μm/s, the excess loss is relatively small when the fused temperature is above 1 200 °C. So the technological parameters have close relationship with optical performance of the coupler, and the good performance coupler can’t get until the drawing speed and fused temperature match accurately.
Key wordsoptical fiber coupler fused biconical taper technological parameter optical performance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- YANG Wei. Technological advance and trend of optical passive devices[J]. Broad Band in the World, 2003(3): 38–40. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- SONG Jin-sheng. Technological advance and developmental trend of passive devices in China[J]. Broad Band Web in the World, 2002, 9(11): 103–105. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LI Ling, HUANG Yong-qing. Corresponding Foundation of Optical Fiber[M]. Beijing: National Defence and Industry Press, 1999. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- GHATAK A K, THYAGARAJAN K. Introduction to Fiber Optics[M]. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- FENG Da, LI Zheng, TANG Dan. Model of 2×2 fused single-mode-fiber couplers[J]. Acta Photonica Sinica, 2003, 32(11): 1316–1320.Google Scholar
- SHUAI Ci-jun, DUAN Ji-an, ZHONG Jue. Technical sensitiveness in the rheological manufacture progress of fused taper coupler[J]. Optics and Precision Engineering, 2005,13(1): 40–46. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YANG Jia, ZHANG Tan-hao, YANG Hui-zhan. Research on return wave interference of X-type optical fiber coupler[J]. Journal of Optoelectronic·Laser, 2003, 14(9): 933–935. (in Chinese)Google Scholar