Hybrid optimization model of product concepts
- 44 Downloads
Deficiencies of applying the simple genetic algorithm to generate concepts were specified. Based on analyzing conceptual design and the morphological matrix of an excavator, the hybrid optimization model of generating its concepts was proposed, viz. an improved adaptive genetic algorithm was applied to explore the excavator concepts in the searching space of conceptual design, and a neural network was used to evaluate the fitness of the population. The optimization of generating concepts was finished through the “evolution — evaluation” iteration. The results show that by using the hybrid optimization model, not only the fitness evaluation and constraint conditions are well processed, but also the search precision and convergence speed of the optimization process are greatly improved. An example is presented to demonstrate the advantages of the proposed method and associated algorithms.
Key wordsconceptual design morphological matrix genetic algorithm neural network hybrid optimization model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hyen H J, Parsaei H R, Wong J P. Concurrent engineering: The manufacturing philosophy for the 90’s [J]. Computer and Industry Engineering, 1991, 21(1–4): 34–39.Google Scholar
- HUANG Hong-zhong, BO Rui-feng, CHEN Wei. An integrated computational intelligence approach to product concept generation and evaluation[J]. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 2006, 41(4): 10–27.Google Scholar
- Strawbridge Z, McAdams D A, Stone R B. A computational approach to conceptual design[C]// Kumar V. Proceedings of ASME 2002 Design Engineering Technical Conference. Montreal: ASME, 2002: 1–11.Google Scholar
- Ermer G, Goodman E, Hawkins R, et al. Steps towards function-based models and bond-graphs for conceptual design in engineering[J]. Automated Modeling for Design, 1993, 47(11): 47–62.Google Scholar
- HUANG Hong-zhong, ZHAO Zheng-jia, GUAN Li-wen, et al. Intelligent conceptual design based on genetic algorithm[J]. Journal of Computer-aided Design & Computer Graphics, 2002, 14(5): 437–441. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Pahl G, Beitz W. Engineering desing[M]. London: Springger-Verlag, 1984.Google Scholar
- ZOU Hui-jun. Conceptual design of mechanical system[M]. Beijing: China Machine Press, 2003. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HUANG Dong-sheng, QIU Bin, Modern excavators [M]. Beijing: China Communications Press, 2003. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHANG Li-ming. Modeling and application of neural networks [M]. Shanghai: Fudan University Press, 1993. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HUANG Hong-zhong, TIAN Zhi-gang, ZUO Ming-jian. Intelligent interactive multiobjective optimization method and its application to reliability optimization [J]. IIE Transactions on Quality and Reliability, 2005, 37(11): 983–993.Google Scholar
- HUANG Hong-zhong, SUN Zhan-quan, ZUO Ming-jian, et al. Bayesian reliability assessment of gear lifetime under fuzzy environments [C] // Adib R M, The Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium. Alexandria: IEEE Conference Publications, 2005: 232–237.Google Scholar