Coating of Fe, Ni on α-alumina microspheres by heterogeneous precipitation
- 63 Downloads
The precursors with NiCO3 · 2Ni(OH)2 · 2H2O, Fe2O3 · nH2O coated alumina microspheres were prepared by the aqueous heterogeneous precipitation using metal salts, ammonium bicarbonate and α-Al2O3 micropowders as the starting materials. Magnetic metal Ni, α-Fe coated alumina, core-shell structural microspheres were successfully obtained by thermal reduction of the precursors at 700 °C for 2 h, respectively. Powders of the precursors and the resultant metal (Ni, α-Fe) coated alumina micropowders were characterized by scanning electron microscopy, energy dispersive spectroscopy and X-ray diffraction. The results show that optimized precipitation parameters are concentration of alumina micropowders of 15 g/L, rate of adding reactants of 5 mL/min and pH value of 7.5. And under the optimized conditions, the spherical precursors without aggregations or agglomerations are obtained, then transferred into Ni, α-Fe coated alumina microspheres by thermal reduction. It is possible to adjust metal coating thicknesses and fabricate a multilayer structured metal/ceramics, core-shell microspherical powder materials.
Key wordsheterogeneous precipitation metal-coated alumina microsphere Ni α-Fe
CLC numberTF123 TB33
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LI Guo-jun, ZHAO Shi-ke, HUANG Xiao-xian. Preparation of nano-Ni-coated-Al2O3 composite powder[J]. Journal of Inorganic Materials, 2002, 17(2): 235–240. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- FENG Ze-kun, ZHANG Xiu-cheng, HE Hua-hui. Preparation of magnetic nano-granular films and investigation of its microwave electromagnetic property [J]. Ordnance Materials Science and Engineering, 2002, 25(3): 19–21. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LI Ya-dong, LI Cheng-wei, DUAN Xiang-feng, et al. Preparation of nanocrystalline NiO in mixed solvent [J]. Journal of China University of Science and Technology, 1997, 27(3): 346–349. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LIU Xiao-hong, LU Fang-yi, ZHENG Dian-mo, et al. Experimental study on producing K2SO4 and oxidation iron red from FeSO4[J]. Chemical Reaction Engineering and Technology, 2000, 16(3): 295–230. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- PENG Mei-xun, WANG Ling-seng, SHEN Xiang-qian, et al. Microstructures and formation mechanism of spherical β-Ni(OH)2[J]. The Chinese Journal of Nonferrous Metals, 2003, 13(5): 1130–1135. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- AN Sheng-li, SONG Xi-wen, ZHAO Wen-guang. Chemical principles on preparation of ultrafine oxide powders[J]. Journal of Baotou University of Iron and Steel Technology, 2000, 19(2): 107–110. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- JIAO Huan, LUO Fa, ZHOU Wan-cheng. Development and prospect of nano radar absorber[J]. Aerospace Materials and Technology, 2001, 31(5): 9–11. (in Chinese)Google Scholar