Synthesis and characterization of bismuth-doped tin dioxide nanometer powders
- 232 Downloads
Bismuth-doped tin dioxide nanometer powders were prepared by co-precipitation method using SnCl4 and Bi(NO3)3 as raw materials. The effects of calcining temperature and doping ratio on the particle size, composition, spectrum selectivity of bismuth-doped tin dioxide and the phase transition of Bi-Sn precursor at different temperatures were studied by means of X-ray diffraction, transmission electron microscopy, ultraviolet-visual-near infrared diffuse reflection spectrum and the thermogravimetric-differential scanning calorimetry. The results show that prepared bismuth-doped tin dioxide powders have excellent characteristics with a single-phase tetragonal structure, good dispersibility, good absorbency for ultraviolet ray and average particle size less than 10 nm. The optimum conditions for preparing bismuth-doped tin dioxide nanometer powders are as follows: calcining temperature of 600 °C, ratio of bismuth-doped in a range of 0.10–0.30, and Bi-Sn precursor being dispersed by ultrasonic wave and refluxed azeotropic and distillated with mixture of n-butanol and benzene. The mechanism of phase transition of Bi-Sn precursor is that Bi3+ enters Sn-vacancy and then forms Sn-O-Bi bond.
Key wordsbismuth-doped tin dioxide tin dioxide nanometer powders co-precipitation method ultrasonic wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- HE Qiu-xing, TU Wei-ping, HU Jian-qing. Advances in development of the spectrum selective nanocomposite coatings[J]. Materials Review, 2005, 19(12): 9–12. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HE Qiu-xing, TU Wei-ping, HU Jian-qing. Developments of modification and dispersion of nanometer Powders in nanocomposite coatings[J]. Chemical Industry and Engineering Progress, 2005, 14(10): 1108–1112. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- WANG Yuan-sheng, YANG Yu-min, HUANG zhao-xin. Doping and microstructure of nanocrystalline SnO2 [J]. Chinese Journal of Materials Research, 1998, 12(5): 531–534. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Rose-Noelle V, Edouard C. Oxide ion transport in bismuth-based materials[J]. Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, 2003, 756: 95–103.Google Scholar
- WANG Bin-hua. Optical properties of nano-semiconductor-materials and their applications[D]. Chengdu: Department of Metal Materials, Sichuan University, 2003. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LU Wan-zhen, YUAN Hong-fu, XU Guang-tong, et al. Modern analytical technology of near infrared spectrum[M]. Beijing: China Petrolchemical Press, 2000. (in Chinese)Google Scholar