Effect of Tongmai Decoction on expression of NF-κB in ox-LDL injured endothelial cells
- 24 Downloads
Objective Study on the effect of NF-κB in ox-LDL injured HUVEC-304 and the intervention with the serum of Tongmai Decoction. Methods Tongmai Decoction herbage-contained serum was made by the serum pharmacology methods, then the HUVEC-304 cells were divided into 5 groups and incubated for 24 h: 1) normal group; 2) fetal calf serum group; 3) ox-LDL group; 4) simvastatin group; 5) Tongmai Decoction group. RT-PCR was used to determine the mRNA of NF-κB in the cells, Western Blot Assay was used to determine the protein content of NF-κB in the cells. Results 1) Compared with the cells in normal group and serum control group, the endothelial cells in ox-LDL group are seriously injured, while those in Tongmai Decoction group grow better; 2) Compared with the cells in normal group and fetal calf serum group, the expressions of NF-κB gene and protein are up-regulated in ox-LDL group(P<0.05, P<0.01); 3) Compared with the cells in ox-LDL group, the expression of NF-κB gene and protein in Tongmai Decoction group are significantly down-regulated, there is no difference between Tongmai Decoction group and simvastatin group(PP>0.05). Conclusion Tongmai Decoction can protect the injured endothelial cells, up-regulate the expressions of NF-κB gene and protein content.
Key wordstongmai decoction ox-LDL endothelial cell nuclear factor-kappa B
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ZHOU Hong-yan, LI Sheng-rong, WANG Zheng-hua. Curative effect analysis of 40 angina patients with Coronary Heart Disease treated by Tongmai Decoction [J]. Journal of Hunan College of Medicine, 1979, 4(1):52–54. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- FAN Yan-rong, CHEN Jing-gui, XUE Long-zeng, et al. Study on L-arginine in inhibiting vascular endothelial cell oxidation injury [J]. Journal of Nanjing Military Medical College, 2001, 21(4): 217–220. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YAN Jin-chuan WU Zhong-gui, HE Song-qing, et al. Effect of oxidized low density lipoprotein and vitamine E on the levels of IL-6, IL-8 and TNF-a in cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells[J]. Chinese Journal of Pathophysiology, 2001, 17(10): 998–1001. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIAO Chun. Study on the mechanism and observation of the clinical effect of tongmai granule on angina patients with coronary heart disease [D]. Changsha: Central South University, 2001. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HE Fei, SUN Ming, ZHOU Hong-yan, et al. The effect of Tongmai Tang on the production of NO and the balance of fibrinolysis system in injured vascular endothelial cells [J]. Journal of Chinese Physician, 2004, 6(1):66–69. (in Chinese)Google Scholar