Nondestructive testing for crack of tunnel lining using GPR
- 281 Downloads
Lining craze, as a common engineering damage, affects the bearing capacity and the safety of tunnels. To improve the capabilities of the surface crack detection in the tunnel lining, ground penetrating radar (GPR) was employed. The principle and method of GPR for cracks investigation of tunnel lining were expounded. As an application example, some field measurements in order to detect the depth of cracks for the tunnel lining were achieved in a new tunnel. All GPR investigations were made with the antennae of 1 GHz. The cracks of concrete structure were located, and the distributing and depth of cracks are inspected and estimated by GPR. The results of investigation show GPR is accurate and efficient to detect cracks of tunnel lining.
Key wordstunnel lining nondestructive testing(NDT) cracks ground penetrating radar
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Liu P L, Lee K H, Wu T T, et al. Scan of surface-opening cracks in reinforced concrete using transient elastic waves [J]. NDT&E International, 2001(34): 219–226.Google Scholar
- Chang Young-Fo, Wangb Chung-Yue, Hsieh Chao-Hui. Feasibility of detecting embedded cracks in concrete structures by refection seismology [J]. NDT&E Int, 2001(34): 39–48.Google Scholar
- Carino N J. Nondestructive testing of concrete: history and challenges, concrete technology-past, present and future. V.M. Malhotra Symposium, Ed Mehta, 1994, 623–78.Google Scholar
- Sansalone M J, Streett W B. Impact Echo Nondestructive Evaluation of Concrete and Masonry [M]. Bullbrier Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- Popovices J S, song W J, Ghandehari M, et al. Application of surface wave transmission measurements for crack depth determination in concrete [J]. ACI Materials Journal, 2000, 97(2): 127–135.Google Scholar
- Zinin P, Manghnani M H, Wang Y C, et al. Detection of cracks in concrete composites using acoustic microscopy [J]. NDT&E Int, 2000, 33(1): 282–287.Google Scholar
- Daniels J J. Fundamental of Ground Penetrating Radar [M]. Westerville: Soft Earth Associates Inc, 1990.Google Scholar
- LI Da-xin. Technique of Ground Penetration Radar and its Application [M]. Beijing: Geological Publishing House, 1994. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LIU Dun-wen. Research on Exploration & Control of the Engineering Disaster in Underground Rock Engineering with GPR [D]. Changsha: Central South University, 2001. (in Chinese)Google Scholar